Cannot see oracle instance in backup interface - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Cannot see oracle instance in backup interface - Veritas Net Backup ; Hi, I have just installed netbackup (5.0 MP5) oracle agent on an p5 with AIX 5.3. I linked everything successfully with oracle user and database stopped. But when I try to create a template using jnbSA or jbpSA and Java ...

  1. Cannot see oracle instance in backup interface

    Hi,
    I have just installed netbackup (5.0 MP5) oracle agent on an p5 with AIX
    5.3. I linked everything successfully with oracle user and database stopped.
    But when I try to create a template using jnbSA or jbpSA and Java interface
    I cannot change the policy type from standard to oracle nor I cannot see
    the instance under the oracle database container in the backup interface.
    Anyone can help and give any ideas?
    Thnks a lot!

  2. Re: Cannot see oracle instance in backup interface

    Did you put the Oracle agent licence key on your master server? You will
    need to do this before you will be able to change the policy type from
    Standard to Oracle.

    "Fernando" wrote in message news:43496b41@ROSASTDMZ05....

    > Hi,
    > I have just installed netbackup (5.0 MP5) oracle agent on an p5 with AIX
    > 5.3. I linked everything successfully with oracle user and database
    > stopped.
    > But when I try to create a template using jnbSA or jbpSA and Java
    > interface
    > I cannot change the policy type from standard to oracle nor I cannot see
    > the instance under the oracle database container in the backup interface.
    > Anyone can help and give any ideas?
    > Thnks a lot!

+ Reply to Thread