**** Exit status code 239 the specified client does not exist in the specified policy - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on **** Exit status code 239 the specified client does not exist in the specified policy - Veritas Net Backup ; I have a master/media server; Solaris 2.8 64 bit running NBU 5.1 MP2. Question: Keep getting exit status code :239 the specified client does not exist in the specified policy and also Cannot run policy Oracle_tmdany_arch for dwny2, stream file ...

  1. **** Exit status code 239 the specified client does not exist in the specified policy

    I have a master/media server; Solaris 2.8 64 bit running NBU 5.1 MP2.

    Question:
    Keep getting exit status code :239 the specified client does not exist
    in the specified policy
    and also Cannot run policy Oracle_tmdany_arch for dwny2, stream file not
    found

    Yet the policy does contain the client.

    Additional Information:

    The client server's name and the policies inwhich it is contained follows.
    The error was recieved while running the Oracle_tmdany_arch policy.
    Lastly the run produced this error : Cannot run policy Oracle_tmdany_arch
    for dwny2, stream file not found

    dwny2 Manual_NY
    OS_Prod_full
    OS_allNY_incr
    Oracle_btecny
    Oracle_tmdany
    Oracle_tmdany_arch
    RMAN_dwny2
    adhoc

    I am specifing something incorrect with in the policy.
    Please advise.
    Thank you for any and all assistance.

    RayD.
    Communication Is the Gateway between Ideas and Results

  2. Re: **** Exit status code 239 the specified client does not existin the specified policy

    Guess that'd I'd verify that DNS, NetBackup server and client, and
    Agent/RMAN all have the client name in lower case. Verify the Policy and
    Schedules that the Agent/RMAN will be using (This seems like a case of
    "Don't do what I say, do what I mean!). Vendor support would probably
    have you run the configuration validation program.

    After that, I'd turn up debugging/logging to get detail on the problem.
    cheers, wayne

    RayD wrote:
    > I have a master/media server; Solaris 2.8 64 bit running NBU 5.1 MP2.
    >
    > Question:
    > Keep getting exit status code :239 the specified client does not exist
    > in the specified policy
    > and also Cannot run policy Oracle_tmdany_arch for dwny2, stream file not
    > found
    >
    > Yet the policy does contain the client.

+ Reply to Thread