Restoring from a backup over 30 days old - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Restoring from a backup over 30 days old - Veritas Net Backup ; re: Netbackup Enterprise Server 5.1 mp3 / Windows Server 2003 Please can someone help. On our backup server, we have successfully imported, using the 2-stage process, a backup that is over 30 days old. When we look at the client ...

  1. Restoring from a backup over 30 days old

    re: Netbackup Enterprise Server 5.1 mp3 / Windows Server 2003

    Please can someone help.

    On our backup server, we have successfully imported, using the 2-stage process,
    a backup that is over 30 days old.

    When we look at the client server and run up the Backup, Archive, Restore
    program we are only able to see backups up to 30 days old, nothing before
    that (i.e. the backup that we imported as per above).

    What do we need to change on the client to see the recently imported backup?

    Thanks in advance.

  2. Re: Restoring from a backup over 30 days old

    James Elmer wrote, in part, on 10/7/2005 2:11 PM:
    > re: Netbackup Enterprise Server 5.1 mp3 / Windows Server 2003
    >
    > On our backup server, we have successfully imported, using the 2-stage process,
    > a backup that is over 30 days old.
    >
    > When we look at the client server and run up the Backup, Archive, Restore
    > program we are only able to see backups up to 30 days old, nothing before
    > that (i.e. the backup that we imported as per above).
    >
    > What do we need to change on the client to see the recently imported backup?

    Click on the words "Select for Restore" (NOT the drop-down arrow beside
    it) ... and a new window will open that will show you all of your backup
    images. Click on the colored circle corresponding to your backup of
    interest.

    cheers, wayne

+ Reply to Thread