Restore from Expired Media - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Restore from Expired Media - Veritas Net Backup ; I'm attempting to do a restore from media that expired last month. I'm running Veritas NetBackup 5.1MP3 on Windows Server 2003. The client is Unix (AIX 5.3.) I've tried unassigning the tape using the bpexpdate command, then deleting the tape ...

  1. Restore from Expired Media

    I'm attempting to do a restore from media that expired last month. I'm running
    Veritas NetBackup 5.1MP3 on Windows Server 2003. The client is Unix (AIX
    5.3.)

    I've tried unassigning the tape using the bpexpdate command, then deleting
    the tape from the admin console, then re-inventorying the tape library.
    I then changed the expiration on that tape policy and used the bpimport command
    to import the media into the catalog.

    Any suggestions on how I can get this data back would be greatly appreciated!

    Thanks in advance!

    - Ben

  2. Re: Restore from Expired Media

    "Ben Liebowitz" wrote:

    >I'm attempting to do a restore from media that expired last month. I'm

    running
    >Veritas NetBackup 5.1MP3 on Windows Server 2003. The client is Unix (AIX
    >5.3.)
    >
    >I've tried unassigning the tape using the bpexpdate command, then deleting
    >the tape from the admin console, then re-inventorying the tape library.

    >I then changed the expiration on that tape policy and used the bpimport

    command
    >to import the media into the catalog.
    >
    >Any suggestions on how I can get this data back would be greatly appreciated!
    >

    >Thanks in advance!
    >
    >- Ben

    Ben,

    I wrote a procedure down the last time I had to do this. I'll email it
    to you. If anyone else is interested, I'll be happy to send copies.

    Scott Nishimura
    scott.nishimura@ngc.com

+ Reply to Thread