Netbackup 5.1 & Netware 5.1 clients (Target) - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Netbackup 5.1 & Netware 5.1 clients (Target) - Veritas Net Backup ; All, Anyone had experience with installing netbackup 5.1 on netware 5.1 (target), I'm now rethinking about this. I had loads of problems with Netbackup 4.5 so we stuck with BackupExec for netware. I have Master/Media servers runnning on the HPUX ...

  1. Netbackup 5.1 & Netware 5.1 clients (Target)

    All,

    Anyone had experience with installing netbackup 5.1 on netware 5.1 (target),
    I'm now rethinking about this. I had loads of problems with Netbackup 4.5
    so we stuck with BackupExec for netware.

    I have Master/Media servers runnning on the HPUX platform, but we use netbackup
    clients for our W2K environment. Now that we need to rid ourselves of BackupExec
    I'm having to relook at getting 5.1 working on Netware.

    Anyone got any good advice?

    Regards

  2. Re: Netbackup 5.1 & Netware 5.1 clients (Target)

    I am backing up a ton of Novell clients using 5.1 and targets and they
    back up great. I recommend getting the new 5.1 NetBackup manual for
    Targeted backups if you aren't sure of the way to configure them. The
    new manual is tons better than the old one.

    JR