Veritas NetBackup / Host Properties/ Clients not showing - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Veritas NetBackup / Host Properties/ Clients not showing - Veritas Net Backup ; Hi, I have the Veritas NetBackup manager server installed on a Linux box, and I am trying to get it to connect to a couple of new clients, Linux servers as well. I installed Veritas client on the new boxes, ...

  1. Veritas NetBackup / Host Properties/ Clients not showing

    Hi,
    I have the Veritas NetBackup manager server installed on a Linux box, and
    I am trying to get it to connect to a couple of new clients, Linux servers
    as well. I installed Veritas client on the new boxes, installed the client
    licenses on the management server, and restarted the management server, however,
    the clients are NOT showing up under Veritas Netbackup / Host Properties
    / Clients. I can see the new machines from Actions / Configure Client. Please
    help.
    Alex

  2. Re: Veritas NetBackup / Host Properties/ Clients not showing

    Did you put your new clients in a policy?
    cheers, wayne

    Alex Tudor wrote, in part, on 10/5/2005 1:58 PM:
    > Hi,
    > I have the Veritas NetBackup manager server installed on a Linux box, and
    > I am trying to get it to connect to a couple of new clients, Linux servers
    > as well. I installed Veritas client on the new boxes, installed the client
    > licenses on the management server, and restarted the management server, however,
    > the clients are NOT showing up under Veritas Netbackup / Host Properties
    > / Clients. I can see the new machines from Actions / Configure Client. Please
    > help.
    > Alex

  3. Re: Veritas NetBackup / Host Properties/ Clients not showing

    Didn't know that, I guess I am not too familiar with the product. Thanks,
    Alex.
    Wayne T Smith wrote:
    >Did you put your new clients in a policy?
    >cheers, wayne
    >
    >Alex Tudor wrote, in part, on 10/5/2005 1:58 PM:
    >> Hi,
    >> I have the Veritas NetBackup manager server installed on a Linux box,

    and
    >> I am trying to get it to connect to a couple of new clients, Linux servers
    >> as well. I installed Veritas client on the new boxes, installed the client
    >> licenses on the management server, and restarted the management server,

    however,
    >> the clients are NOT showing up under Veritas Netbackup / Host Properties
    >> / Clients. I can see the new machines from Actions / Configure Client.

    Please
    >> help.
    >> Alex

  4. Re: Veritas NetBackup / Host Properties/ Clients not showing

    I am not very much sure, but i assume adding the host to a policy is not very
    much needed for them to show up in the host section of the management console.

    do update us on the recent developments

    Wayne T Smith wrote:
    >Did you put your new clients in a policy?
    >cheers, wayne
    >
    >Alex Tudor wrote, in part, on 10/5/2005 1:58 PM:
    >> Hi,
    >> I have the Veritas NetBackup manager server installed on a Linux box,

    and
    >> I am trying to get it to connect to a couple of new clients, Linux servers
    >> as well. I installed Veritas client on the new boxes, installed the client
    >> licenses on the management server, and restarted the management server,

    however,
    >> the clients are NOT showing up under Veritas Netbackup / Host Properties
    >> / Clients. I can see the new machines from Actions / Configure Client.

    Please
    >> help.
    >> Alex

  5. Re: Veritas NetBackup / Host Properties/ Clients not showing

    Actually that is wrong, in order for them to be seen in the host
    section they have to be in a policy. Just like for a media server to
    be seen it has to be in a storage unit.

    JR

    On 6 Oct 2005 07:52:25 -0500, "maverick"
    wrote:

    >I am not very much sure, but i assume adding the host to a policy is not very
    >much needed for them to show up in the host section of the management console.
    >
    >do update us on the recent developments
    >

    >Wayne T Smith wrote:
    >>Did you put your new clients in a policy?
    >>cheers, wayne
    >>
    >>Alex Tudor wrote, in part, on 10/5/2005 1:58 PM:
    >>> Hi,
    >>> I have the Veritas NetBackup manager server installed on a Linux box,

    >and
    >>> I am trying to get it to connect to a couple of new clients, Linux servers
    >>> as well. I installed Veritas client on the new boxes, installed the client
    >>> licenses on the management server, and restarted the management server,

    >however,
    >>> the clients are NOT showing up under Veritas Netbackup / Host Properties
    >>> / Clients. I can see the new machines from Actions / Configure Client.

    >Please
    >>> help.
    >>> Alex

+ Reply to Thread