Media append - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Media append - Veritas Net Backup ; I run my backup daily. I want use a different media for a day, even if it is not full (EOM not reached). How can I configure my policy?...

  1. Media append

    I run my backup daily. I want use a different media for a day, even if it is
    not full (EOM not reached).
    How can I configure my policy?

  2. Re: Media append

    Create a policy and volume pool for each day.

    JR

    On Tue, 4 Oct 2005 12:21:13 +0200, "Alessandro"
    wrote:

    >I run my backup daily. I want use a different media for a day, even if it is
    >not full (EOM not reached).
    >How can I configure my policy?

  3. Re: Media append

    I would create a single policy with multiple schedules in it, one for each
    day. In the schedule use the "Override Policy Volume Pool" setting to force
    that days backup to go to the appropriate volume pool for that day.

    "Jeff Redington" wrote in message
    > Create a policy and volume pool for each day.
    >
    > JR
    >
    > On Tue, 4 Oct 2005 12:21:13 +0200, "Alessandro"
    > wrote:
    >
    >>I run my backup daily. I want use a different media for a day, even if it
    >>is
    >>not full (EOM not reached).
    >>How can I configure my policy?

+ Reply to Thread