Client email for Windows - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Client email for Windows - Veritas Net Backup ; Is it possible configure nbmail.cmd using a standard mail client (i.e. not with free downloadable client) as outlook? The administrator doesn't want to installa an external client Thanks...

  1. Client email for Windows

    Is it possible configure nbmail.cmd using a standard mail client (i.e. not
    with free downloadable client) as outlook?
    The administrator doesn't want to installa an external client

    Thanks

  2. Re: Client email for Windows

    Not sure, the only way I've ever seen it done is to use blat.

    Can you send email from a DOS prompt using Outlook? I'm not sure if you can
    so you may be out of luck.

    "Alex" wrote in message

    > Is it possible configure nbmail.cmd using a standard mail client (i.e. not
    > with free downloadable client) as outlook?
    > The administrator doesn't want to installa an external client
    >
    > Thanks

  3. Re: Client email for Windows

    "Souljacker" <.@.> wrote:
    >Not sure, the only way I've ever seen it done is to use blat.
    >
    >Can you send email from a DOS prompt using Outlook? I'm not sure if you

    can
    >so you may be out of luck.
    >
    >"Alex" wrote in message
    >>
    >> Is it possible configure nbmail.cmd using a standard mail client (i.e.

    not
    >> with free downloadable client) as outlook?
    >> The administrator doesn't want to installa an external client
    >>
    >> Thanks

    #CRON entry
    #00 08 * * * /usr/openv/netbackup/backstat > /dev/null 2>&1
    ###cut here####
    #!/usr/bin/ksh

    #This script is used for giving daily statistics.The cronjob is set to run
    on a daily basis.
    #Script created by JDunn5
    #set -vx
    #Set variables

    TODAY=`date +%a`
    HOST=`hostname`
    CURRDATE=`date +%m%d%y`
    OUTFILE=/var/tmp/out2
    OUTFILE1=/var/tmp/out1
    OUTFILE2=/var/tmp/out2
    OUTFILE3=/var/tmp/out3
    ADMINCMD=/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd
    BPIMAGELIST=/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bpimagelist
    ERRORLIST=/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bperror
    GOODIE=/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/goodies

    # Clear /tmp/out2 file first
    /bin/rm -rf $OUTFILE $OUTFILE1 $OUTFILE2 $OUTFILE3

    if [ -f /usr/openv/netbackup/version ] ; then
    HARDWARE=`head -1 /usr/openv/netbackup/version | cut -f2 -d" "`
    else
    echo "/usr/openv/netbackup/version not found"
    exit 1
    fi

    for i in $HOST
    do

    $ADMINCMD/bperror -U -backstat -s info -hoursago 24 1>> $OUTFILE 2>&1
    echo " Recently Used Media: " >> $OUTFILE
    $BPIMAGELIST -A -media -hoursago 24 1>>$OUTFILE 2>&1

    $ADMINCMD/bperror -U -backstat -by_statcode >> $OUTFILE2
    mailx -s "Company's Backup by CODE for `date +%x`" net_backup < $OUTFILE2

    $ADMINCMD/bpcatlist -server $HOST -client $CLIENT -since-days 1 >>$OUTFILE3
    mailx -s "NT or UNIX BACKUP FOR $CLIENT BLA BLA for `date +%x`" < $OUTFILE3

    done

+ Reply to Thread