Solaris SUN Server Platform Specification - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Solaris SUN Server Platform Specification - Veritas Net Backup ; Hi Support, Need your advice on what's the recommended SUN Solaris Server Spec (CPU, RAM, DISK size, etc) if I need to move it to only a single Master/Media Netbackup Server running on Solaris 9 OS on ADIC Pathlight + ...

  1. Solaris SUN Server Platform Specification

    Hi Support,

    Need your advice on what's the recommended SUN Solaris Server Spec (CPU,
    RAM, DISK size, etc) if I need to move it to only a single Master/Media Netbackup
    Server running on Solaris 9 OS on ADIC Pathlight + ADIC Tape Library:

    We are currently using the following Server installed with SUN Solaris 8:
    SUN E420R - Master & Media Netbackup 4.5 FP6 (4x 450MHz CPU, 2GB Ram)
    SUN E450 - Media Netbackup 4.5 FP3 (2x 296MHz, 1 GB Ram)
    No. of Netbackup client approx. 40 (wintel + unix).

    Thanks,
    Lawrence

  2. Re: Solaris SUN Server Platform Specification

    It would depend on the amount of data you backing up and at what rate as to
    what you'd need for your new master/media server.

    "Lawrence" wrote in message news:433cf170@ROSASTDMZ05....

    > Hi Support,
    >
    > Need your advice on what's the recommended SUN Solaris Server Spec (CPU,
    > RAM, DISK size, etc) if I need to move it to only a single Master/Media
    > Netbackup
    > Server running on Solaris 9 OS on ADIC Pathlight + ADIC Tape Library:
    >
    > We are currently using the following Server installed with SUN Solaris 8:
    > SUN E420R - Master & Media Netbackup 4.5 FP6 (4x 450MHz CPU, 2GB Ram)
    > SUN E450 - Media Netbackup 4.5 FP3 (2x 296MHz, 1 GB Ram)
    > No. of Netbackup client approx. 40 (wintel + unix).
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Lawrence

+ Reply to Thread