LTO comatability with libraries and NBU - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on LTO comatability with libraries and NBU - Veritas Net Backup ; I currently have an LTO1 library. If I buy a library with both LTO2 and LTO3 heads, will NBU know that it can put my old LTO1 tapes in the LTO2 heads for R/W and in the LTO3 heads for ...

  1. LTO comatability with libraries and NBU

    I currently have an LTO1 library.

    If I buy a library with both LTO2 and LTO3 heads, will NBU know that it can
    put my old LTO1 tapes in the LTO2 heads for R/W and in the LTO3 heads for
    RO?
    I want to be able to buy larger tapes while still using my LTO1 tapes.

    Please advise.

    Steven

    May you have the peace and freedom that come from abandoning all hope of
    having a better past.
    --- - --- - - - - - - - -- - - - --- - ------ -
    - --- - - -- - - - -- - - -

  2. Re: LTO comatability with libraries and NBU

    As long as one of the drive types is the same as the current drive
    type then yes you will be able to mount the old tapes. For example, if
    your current drives are defined as hcart. Then define either the lto2
    or lto3 drives also as hcart also and they will be able to be read and
    written too if you want.

    JR

    On Thu, 29 Sep 2005 07:47:45 -0400, "BerkHolz, Steven"
    wrote:

    >I currently have an LTO1 library.
    >
    >If I buy a library with both LTO2 and LTO3 heads, will NBU know that it can
    >put my old LTO1 tapes in the LTO2 heads for R/W and in the LTO3 heads for
    >RO?
    >I want to be able to buy larger tapes while still using my LTO1 tapes.
    >
    >Please advise.
    >
    >--

+ Reply to Thread