How to see why media is frozen - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on How to see why media is frozen - Veritas Net Backup ; We have a couple of tapes that are frozen, some of them got frozen due to config errors. But some of them are frozen cause of actual tape errors. What report can I run to give me more detail on ...

  1. How to see why media is frozen

    We have a couple of tapes that are frozen, some of them got frozen due to
    config errors. But some of them are frozen cause of actual tape errors. What
    report can I run to give me more detail on why media is frozen or suspended.
    Thanks Johnny

  2. Re: How to see why media is frozen

    You don't need to run any report. Go to
    \install_path\NetBackup\db\media\errors file and in that file it will
    list all the errors giving the time and date, drive the error ocurred
    on and what type of error it was. Then you can see if there is a
    specific drive that errors or maybe a specific tape.

    JR

    On 29 Sep 2005 04:34:51 -0500, "Johnny " wrote:

    >We have a couple of tapes that are frozen, some of them got frozen due to
    >config errors. But some of them are frozen cause of actual tape errors. What
    >report can I run to give me more detail on why media is frozen or suspended.
    >Thanks Johnny

  3. Re: How to see why media is frozen

    "Johnny " wrote:

    >We have a couple of tapes that are frozen, some of them got frozen due to
    >config errors. But some of them are frozen cause of actual tape errors.

    What
    >report can I run to give me more detail on why media is frozen or suspended.
    >Thanks Johnny

    Johnny,

    On my UNIX system, /usr/openv/netbackup/db/media/errors contains the cumulative
    error listing. My system will freeze a tape after 3 consecutive media errors
    within a 12 hour period [your mileage may vary]. Look here for a cluster
    of media errors close in time.

+ Reply to Thread