BPSTART_NOTIFY Syntax - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on BPSTART_NOTIFY Syntax - Veritas Net Backup ; I'm stuck ! I have an oracle server that is shut down and backed up to disk, then restarted via a script on that client. I have been tasked to use BPSTART_NOTIFY to call that script, then backup the data. ...

  1. BPSTART_NOTIFY Syntax

    I'm stuck !

    I have an oracle server that is shut down and backed up to disk, then restarted
    via a script on that client.

    I have been tasked to use BPSTART_NOTIFY to call that script, then backup
    the data.
    But I dont really know how.

    Any help would be greatly received.

    Scott.

  2. Re: BPSTART_NOTIFY Syntax

    Couple of technotes on bpstart_notify:

    Essentially, you just need to add whatever you want to do into this
    file. You will also need the bpend_notify script to restart the
    database.

    JR

    On 28 Sep 2005 11:13:36 -0500, "Scott"
    scott.hitchman'at'atosorigin.com wrote:

    >I'm stuck !
    >
    >I have an oracle server that is shut down and backed up to disk, then restarted
    >via a script on that client.
    >
    >I have been tasked to use BPSTART_NOTIFY to call that script, then backup
    >the data.
    >But I dont really know how.
    >
    >Any help would be greatly received.
    >
    >Scott.