Restore: socket write failed - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Restore: socket write failed - Veritas Net Backup ; Hi@ll, I wanted to restore a SAP-System on a UNIX-client. First I got the following error: "Status of restore from image created 09/23/05 20:01:30 = socket write failed" this is in the /usr/openv/netbackup/logs/user_ops/root/logs - Log. After that I retried it ...

  1. Restore: socket write failed

    Hi@ll,

    I wanted to restore a SAP-System on a UNIX-client. First I got the following
    error:

    "Status of restore from image created 09/23/05 20:01:30 = socket write failed"

    this is in the /usr/openv/netbackup/logs/user_ops/root/logs - Log.
    After that I retried it and I had no problems.

    In the All-Log-Entries I can only find the following:
    cannot write data to socket, 10054
    The following files/folders were not restored:
    UTF - /..............
    UTF - /.............

    ..... were the files I tried to restore :-)

    The backup (full + incremental) was on 9 cartridges. Is it possible that
    this files are on a tape that could noch be mounted???

    Kind regards
    Dirk from Germany

  2. Re: Restore: socket write failed

    Hi Dirk, did you solved this problem?