Tapes not expiring / not listed in Catalog - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Tapes not expiring / not listed in Catalog - Veritas Net Backup ; Some times our tapes to no expire. If you run a report to show images on media NBU reports the tape does not exist. If you try to run a backup to tape NBU reports the media is assigned and ...

  1. Tapes not expiring / not listed in Catalog

    Some times our tapes to no expire. If you run a report to show images on media
    NBU reports the tape does not exist. If you try to run a backup to tape
    NBU reports the media is assigned and the backup fails.

    Has anyone seen this behaviour? We are running Verities NBU 5.0 MP5 Enterprise
    on Windows 2000 Server.

  2. Re: Tapes not expiring / not listed in Catalog

    This issue usually occurs if the media server that the tapes were
    associated was decommissioned incorrectly. You will need to contact
    Symantec support to perform a database cleanup to remove those
    entries.

    On 24 Sep 2005 12:45:23 -0500, "Mathew Burke"
    wrote:

    >Some times our tapes to no expire. If you run a report to show images on media
    >NBU reports the tape does not exist. If you try to run a backup to tape
    >NBU reports the media is assigned and the backup fails.
    >
    >Has anyone seen this behaviour? We are running Verities NBU 5.0 MP5 Enterprise
    >on Windows 2000 Server.

+ Reply to Thread