Replacing Tape Library - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Replacing Tape Library - Veritas Net Backup ; Hi I am running Netback up V5.1 MP2 on windows 2003 has master server. I want to replace the exiting Tape Library HPs MSL6060 with a new Tape Library of same model. I have TRU 64 media servers. What steps ...

  1. Replacing Tape Library

    Hi

    I am running Netback up V5.1 MP2 on windows 2003 has master server. I want
    to replace the exiting Tape Library HPs MSL6060 with a new Tape Library
    of same model. I have TRU 64 media servers. What steps do I need to follow
    for this?

    TIA
    Srikanth

  2. Re: Replacing Tape Library

    In NetBackup, select all the media that are listed in the current
    robot and move them to standalone volume group. This logically tells
    NetBackup that the media have been removed from the old robot. Then
    delete the old robot definition and add the new robot. Create a new
    storage unit for the new robot. Then run an inventory on the new
    robot. Make sure all your policies point to the new storage unit.

    JR

    On 22 Sep 2005 05:00:27 -0500, "srikanthmutyala"
    wrote:

    >Hi
    >
    >I am running Netback up V5.1 MP2 on windows 2003 has master server. I want
    >to replace the exiting Tape Library HPs MSL6060 with a new Tape Library
    >of same model. I have TRU 64 media servers. What steps do I need to follow
    >for this?
    >
    >TIA
    >Srikanth

+ Reply to Thread