bpstart & bpend_notify on NetWare - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on bpstart & bpend_notify on NetWare - Veritas Net Backup ; Is it possible to use the bpstart & bpend_notify scripts to unload and load NLMs on NetWare servers being backed up? I've played around with the .cmd files some on the NT Master, however, it does not seem to execute ...

  1. bpstart & bpend_notify on NetWare

    Is it possible to use the bpstart & bpend_notify scripts to unload and load
    NLMs on NetWare servers being backed up? I've played around with the .cmd
    files some on the NT Master, however, it does not seem to execute anything
    on the Novell server

  2. Re: bpstart & bpend_notify on NetWare

    Unfortunately no, those commands do not work on Netware servers. I
    also wanted to use those scripts and after contacting support was told
    that they will not work and there is no other method for doing that
    for NetWare at this time.

    JR

    On 21 Sep 2005 17:03:34 -0500, "Jim Troyer"
    wrote:

    >Is it possible to use the bpstart & bpend_notify scripts to unload and load
    >NLMs on NetWare servers being backed up? I've played around with the .cmd
    >files some on the NT Master, however, it does not seem to execute anything
    >on the Novell server

  3. Re: bpstart & bpend_notify on NetWare

    Jim Troyer wrote:
    > Is it possible to use the bpstart & bpend_notify scripts to unload and load
    > NLMs on NetWare servers being backed up? I've played around with the .cmd
    > files some on the NT Master, however, it does not seem to execute anything
    > on the Novell server

    If your backup windows were fairly static, you could use Cron on the
    Netware server to load the NLM before and unload it.

    But I know from our experience that would not work, as the windows are
    too flexible.

+ Reply to Thread