support for IBM HACMP - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on support for IBM HACMP - Veritas Net Backup ; We have a new SAP BW system with the database running in Oracle. The database servers are IBM power 5 running AIX5.3 and HACMP 5.4 active passive cluster. Trying to configure backups from a Veritas NBU v5.0 media server using ...

  1. support for IBM HACMP

    We have a new SAP BW system with the database running in Oracle. The database
    servers are IBM power 5 running AIX5.3 and HACMP 5.4 active passive cluster.
    Trying to configure backups from a Veritas NBU v5.0 media server using the
    Veritas SAP client. Can't get them working and wonder if we have a supported
    setup here ??

  2. Re: support for IBM HACMP

    Hi NB,
    We have also three enviroments with AIX 5.3 on IBM p5 570 (development, integration
    and production) working with SAP under Oracle. We have not installed the
    SAP Client yet but preparing the installation of the oracle client on the
    cluster with HACMP.
    Maybe the BRTOOLS provided by SAP help you as it does for us. We launch an
    online brtool backup in production env. every night and copy through the
    netbackup client to the library.
    In integration and development backups are offline every night with netbackup
    and we have already tested them successfully.

    "NB" wrote:

    >We have a new SAP BW system with the database running in Oracle. The database
    >servers are IBM power 5 running AIX5.3 and HACMP 5.4 active passive cluster.
    >Trying to configure backups from a Veritas NBU v5.0 media server using the
    >Veritas SAP client. Can't get them working and wonder if we have a supported
    >setup here ??

+ Reply to Thread