I am looking for a way to recover data from a disk-to-disk backup where i
have no cataloge availble. At this point any amount of recover, raw or otherwise,
would be a step in the right direction.

I have tried contacting vertias support, and they stated that netbackup has
no way of cataloging or importing disk-to-disk backups, only via tape.

one other catch is that it's 120GB worth of data split into 2GB chunks.

Ideas i have, but am unsure how to persue:

1. use tar to extract the data (priv and pub files)
2. copy this data to tape (probably under a *nix flavor with some creative
commands) in such a way it would be cataloged
3. combine the files into one large file and attempt to recover using tar,
etc.

Please let me know if you reply to this at caldwelljt@airboxinc.com

Thanks much,
-Jonathan Caldwell