Volume pool problem - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Volume pool problem - Veritas Net Backup ; Hi, One of the oracle policy where i have schedules from Monday-Friday i have specied the storage unit and volume pools in the schedules created. But when the backup fires the volume pool used is netbackup and not the specified ...

  1. Volume pool problem

    Hi,

    One of the oracle policy where i have schedules from Monday-Friday i have
    specied the storage unit and volume pools in the schedules created.

    But when the backup fires the volume pool used is netbackup and not the specified
    in schedules.
    Netbackup is specified in Attributes.

    Pls suggest any tech note or resolution fro the problem

    Thanks in Advance
    Rahul

  2. Re: Volume pool problem

    What pool is the default-app-backup schedule set to use? Probably the default
    policy one which is why it's grabbing from NBU. I don't think you can get
    to where you're going without creating a new policy for each day or some
    scripting to modify the policy daily.

    "Rahul Pathare" wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >One of the oracle policy where i have schedules from Monday-Friday i have
    >specied the storage unit and volume pools in the schedules created.
    >
    >But when the backup fires the volume pool used is netbackup and not the

    specified
    >in schedules.
    >Netbackup is specified in Attributes.
    >
    >Pls suggest any tech note or resolution fro the problem
    >
    >Thanks in Advance
    >Rahul

+ Reply to Thread