No Exchange resources visible in Backup Selections for Exchange - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on No Exchange resources visible in Backup Selections for Exchange - Veritas Net Backup ; When we insert the license key for exchange agent "No Exchange resources visible in Backup Selections for Exchange cluster virtual node". When we take backup using Veritas NetBackup 5.0, Exchange database resources should be listed as Backup Selections after the ...

  1. No Exchange resources visible in Backup Selections for Exchange

    When we insert the license key for exchange agent "No Exchange resources visible
    in Backup Selections for Exchange cluster virtual node".

    When we take backup using Veritas NetBackup 5.0, Exchange database
    resources should be listed as Backup Selections after the virtual node
    is
    expanded. These resources for Exchange 2003 include:
    ... Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes
    ... Microsoft Exchange Public Folders
    ... Microsoft Information Store

    but these resources are not listed as backup selection.
    I have checked the following articles but did not found any usefull info,

    http://support.veritas.com/docs/276930
    http://support.veritas.com/docs/273751
    http://support.veritas.com/docs/239821
    http://support.veritas.com/docs/238618

  2. Re: No Exchange resources visible in Backup Selections for Exchange

    Are you logged in with an ID that has rights to the Information Stores?

    You cannot see what you do not have rights to.

    Also, you can try setting the NetBackup Client Service to start with the
    ID that has rights to the Information Store.

    Hope this helps...

    "Majid" wrote:

    >When we insert the license key for exchange agent "No Exchange resources

    visible
    >in Backup Selections for Exchange cluster virtual node".
    >
    >When we take backup using Veritas NetBackup 5.0, Exchange database
    >resources should be listed as Backup Selections after the virtual node
    >is
    >expanded. These resources for Exchange 2003 include:
    >... Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes
    >... Microsoft Exchange Public Folders
    >... Microsoft Information Store
    >
    >but these resources are not listed as backup selection.
    >I have checked the following articles but did not found any usefull info,
    >
    >http://support.veritas.com/docs/276930
    >http://support.veritas.com/docs/273751
    >http://support.veritas.com/docs/239821
    >http://support.veritas.com/docs/238618