Master Server takes forever for Control to be TLD - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Master Server takes forever for Control to be TLD - Veritas Net Backup ; Hi, i have installed 5.1MP3 with 15 media servers spread out in 7 networks, they share a tape library with 4 drives, and a disk library with 6 drives. Everytime i restart the Device Manager Service on the master, it ...

  1. Master Server takes forever for Control to be TLD

    Hi,

    i have installed 5.1MP3 with 15 media servers spread out in 7 networks, they
    share a tape library with 4 drives, and a disk library with 6 drives.
    Everytime i restart the Device Manager Service on the master, it takes me
    about 6 hours of waiting and restarting the device manager service on some
    media servers until they all become TLD.

    I'm also getting event error 7726 in the event viewer stating "unable to
    get peername".

    Anybody have any ideia why this is going on?

  2. Re: Master Server takes forever for Control to be TLD

    Sounds like there are some communication issues between the media
    servers and the master. Possibly DNS related based on the peername
    error. Try implementing hosts files. However, even on a single network
    and having 10-12 media servers it can still take up to 30 minutes in
    our environment before they all come back to TLD.

    JR

    On 1 Sep 2005 13:10:19 -0500, "Rui Lourenco" rui.lourenco wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >i have installed 5.1MP3 with 15 media servers spread out in 7 networks, they
    >share a tape library with 4 drives, and a disk library with 6 drives.
    >Everytime i restart the Device Manager Service on the master, it takes me
    >about 6 hours of waiting and restarting the device manager service on some
    >media servers until they all become TLD.
    >
    >I'm also getting event error 7726 in the event viewer stating "unable to
    >get peername".
    >
    >Anybody have any ideia why this is going on?

  3. Re: Master Server takes forever for Control to be TLD

    thanks for your response,

    i did implement the hosts files, and when i run the bpclntcmd the names seem
    to be resolved properly by the master server.

    Wow even on single network with 10 media servers takes 30 min, i dont know
    if iim going to have better luck than this then.

    Jeff Redington wrote:
    >Sounds like there are some communication issues between the media
    >servers and the master. Possibly DNS related based on the peername
    >error. Try implementing hosts files. However, even on a single network
    >and having 10-12 media servers it can still take up to 30 minutes in
    >our environment before they all come back to TLD.
    >
    >JR
    >
    >On 1 Sep 2005 13:10:19 -0500, "Rui Lourenco" rui.lourenco wrote:
    >

    >>Hi,
    >>
    >>i have installed 5.1MP3 with 15 media servers spread out in 7 networks,

    they
    >>share a tape library with 4 drives, and a disk library with 6 drives.
    >>Everytime i restart the Device Manager Service on the master, it takes

    me
    >>about 6 hours of waiting and restarting the device manager service on

    some
    >>media servers until they all become TLD.
    >>
    >>I'm also getting event error 7726 in the event viewer stating "unable to
    >>get peername".
    >>
    >>Anybody have any ideia why this is going on?

  4. Re: Master Server takes forever for Control to be TLD

    Keep in mind, thought, that just because the GUI doesn't show them in
    TLD mode that they cannot be used. This is simply a matter of a slow
    GUI.

    On 9 Sep 2005 08:55:02 -0500, "Rui Lourenco" rui.lourenco wrote:

    >thanks for your response,
    >
    >i did implement the hosts files, and when i run the bpclntcmd the names seem
    >to be resolved properly by the master server.
    >
    >Wow even on single network with 10 media servers takes 30 min, i dont know
    >if iim going to have better luck than this then.
    >

    >Jeff Redington wrote:
    >>Sounds like there are some communication issues between the media
    >>servers and the master. Possibly DNS related based on the peername
    >>error. Try implementing hosts files. However, even on a single network
    >>and having 10-12 media servers it can still take up to 30 minutes in
    >>our environment before they all come back to TLD.
    >>
    >>JR
    >>
    >>On 1 Sep 2005 13:10:19 -0500, "Rui Lourenco" rui.lourenco wrote:
    >>

    >>>Hi,
    >>>
    >>>i have installed 5.1MP3 with 15 media servers spread out in 7 networks,

    >they
    >>>share a tape library with 4 drives, and a disk library with 6 drives.
    >>>Everytime i restart the Device Manager Service on the master, it takes

    >me
    >>>about 6 hours of waiting and restarting the device manager service on

    >some
    >>>media servers until they all become TLD.
    >>>
    >>>I'm also getting event error 7726 in the event viewer stating "unable to
    >>>get peername".
    >>>
    >>>Anybody have any ideia why this is going on?

+ Reply to Thread