Restoring NBU 5.0 catalog at DR site - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Restoring NBU 5.0 catalog at DR site - Veritas Net Backup ; We just finished setting up our DR site with 1 master, 1 media and a falconstor VTL. Our production catalog is backed up to the VTL then replicated over to our DR site. The drive names and quantities are different ...

  1. Restoring NBU 5.0 catalog at DR site

    We just finished setting up our DR site with 1 master, 1 media and a falconstor
    VTL. Our production catalog is backed up to the VTL then replicated over
    to our DR site. The drive names and quantities are different between the
    2 sites. The master server has the same name (different networks) What is
    the syntax to restore just the part of the catalog that stores the backup
    locations. We will be using the same tape volume for the catalog (tape ID
    ST0001) I don't want to overwrite the drive parameters or even the media
    servers, just clients backup information to do restores. Thank you for any
    help

  2. Re: Restoring NBU 5.0 catalog at DR site

    "Keith R." wrote:

    >We just finished setting up our DR site with 1 master, 1 media and a falconstor
    >VTL. Our production catalog is backed up to the VTL then replicated over
    >to our DR site. The drive names and quantities are different between the
    >2 sites. The master server has the same name (different networks) What

    is
    >the syntax to restore just the part of the catalog that stores the backup
    >locations. We will be using the same tape volume for the catalog (tape ID
    >ST0001) I don't want to overwrite the drive parameters or even the media
    >servers, just clients backup information to do restores. Thank you for

    any
    >help

    Keith,

    I am in a similar stage of planning [but I haven't tested things yet].
    Use robtest to put the tape into a drive

    m s100 d1

    [Make sure you know which /dev/rmt device # the tape is.]

    and then run -l -tpath This gives you a list
    and lets you identify the correct catalog backup you wish to use.
    = /dev/rmt/#; leave out the trailing "cbn" because the "n" means "no rewind".

    ---> /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bprecover -l -tpath /dev/rmt/5

    Once you get the list, you can run bprecover -r -tpath
    and answer "yes" or "no" to what it presents; or you can use the -all switch
    to recover everything on the catalog tape.

    I'd be interested in your results; let me know how things go.

    Scott

+ Reply to Thread