Advanced Report installation Fails - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Advanced Report installation Fails - Veritas Net Backup ; Hello, i'm trying to install Advanced report feature on my server. I've already installed my adv.rep. license, of course. But when i execute , from my cd, install ad i select my AddOn (adv.rep). this error appeaes suddendly ad my ...

  1. Advanced Report installation Fails

    Hello,

    i'm trying to install Advanced report feature on my server.
    I've already installed my adv.rep. license, of course.

    But when i execute , from my cd, install ad i select my AddOn (adv.rep).
    this error appeaes suddendly ad my installation fails:

    root@mirko # ./install

    **********

    Installing NetBackup Advanced Reporter

    Do you wish to continue? [y,n] (y) y

    Installing NetBackup Advanced Reporter

    Processing package instance from

    VERITAS NetBackup Advanced Reporter
    (sparc) NBAR_5.1_B010 (2004.05.06 16:49)

    Copyright (c) 1999-2003 VERITAS Software Corporation. All Rights Reserved.

    <16>bpauthorize main: Function connect_to_remote_server(mirko) failed: 140
    user id was not superuser

    You do not have the proper authorization to perform
    this task. Please resolve and try again.

    Installation of was terminated due to user request.
    No changes were made to the system.

    NetBackup Advanced Reporter installation failed.

    **********

    One or more of the Add-On Product installations failed.

    File /tmp/install_addon_trace.6252 contains a trace of this install.

    Anyone can help me, please?

    Thanks in advance......

  2. Re: Advanced Report installation Fails

    The fix is:

    create an user "install" with uid 0 and Gid 1 (as root) and retry to install.

    The related link is:

    http://support.veritas.com/docs/250747

    Bye,

    Max

    "Max Gregis" wrote:

    >Hello,
    >
    >i'm trying to install Advanced report feature on my server.
    >I've already installed my adv.rep. license, of course.
    >
    >But when i execute , from my cd, install ad i select my AddOn (adv.rep).
    >this error appeaes suddendly ad my installation fails:
    >
    >root@mirko # ./install
    >
    >**********
    >
    > Installing NetBackup Advanced Reporter
    >
    >Do you wish to continue? [y,n] (y) y
    >
    > Installing NetBackup Advanced Reporter
    >

    >Processing package instance from
    >
    >VERITAS NetBackup Advanced Reporter
    >(sparc) NBAR_5.1_B010 (2004.05.06 16:49)
    >
    >Copyright (c) 1999-2003 VERITAS Software Corporation. All Rights Reserved.
    >
    ><16>bpauthorize main: Function connect_to_remote_server(mirko) failed: 140
    >user id was not superuser
    >
    >You do not have the proper authorization to perform
    >this task. Please resolve and try again.
    >
    >Installation of was terminated due to user request.
    >No changes were made to the system.
    >
    >NetBackup Advanced Reporter installation failed.

    >One or more of the Add-On Product installations failed.
    >
    >File /tmp/install_addon_trace.6252 contains a trace of this install.
    >
    >Anyone can help me, please?
    >
    >Thanks in advance......

+ Reply to Thread