Netbackup DR Simulation... - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Netbackup DR Simulation... - Veritas Net Backup ; I'm going to be doing a disaster recovery test in a few weeks and I'd like to know if anyone had any experience with this process. We have a Quantum SDLT600 drive and the master server is a Win2K+SP4 running ...

  1. Netbackup DR Simulation...

    I'm going to be doing a disaster recovery test in a few weeks and I'd like
    to know if anyone had any experience with this process. We have a Quantum
    SDLT600 drive and the master server is a Win2K+SP4 running NetBackup 5.0
    MP5. The test will be at another site on a Windows 2000 server with a different
    SDLT600 drive. Will bpimport be the command I should be familiar with to
    begin the catalog restore? From there will I just need to do a normal restore
    from tape by selecting the server --> host?

  2. Re: Netbackup DR Simulation...

    No, the command you would use is bprecover to recover the catalogs.

    JR

    On 23 Aug 2005 16:08:14 -0500, "Chris Childress"
    wrote:

    >I'm going to be doing a disaster recovery test in a few weeks and I'd like
    >to know if anyone had any experience with this process. We have a Quantum
    >SDLT600 drive and the master server is a Win2K+SP4 running NetBackup 5.0
    >MP5. The test will be at another site on a Windows 2000 server with a different
    >SDLT600 drive. Will bpimport be the command I should be familiar with to
    >begin the catalog restore? From there will I just need to do a normal restore
    >from tape by selecting the server --> host?

+ Reply to Thread