Unable to backup files lager than 2GB in AIX - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Unable to backup files lager than 2GB in AIX - Veritas Net Backup ; We have some problems to backup images larger than 2GB in an AIX 5.2 server with NBU 5.0 writing in a STU Disk based. When the backup is on tapes that ends successfully. Can anyone help us??? Thanks a lot!!!...

  1. Unable to backup files lager than 2GB in AIX

    We have some problems to backup images larger than 2GB in an AIX 5.2 server
    with NBU 5.0 writing in a STU Disk based. When the backup is on tapes that
    ends successfully.

    Can anyone help us???

    Thanks a lot!!!

  2. Re: Unable to backup files lager than 2GB in AIX

    Larger than 2 GB or 2TB? I believe there was a 2TB limit on disk
    storage units.

    On 23 Aug 2005 15:48:23 -0500, "Simón A. Franquiz"
    wrote:

    >We have some problems to backup images larger than 2GB in an AIX 5.2 server
    >with NBU 5.0 writing in a STU Disk based. When the backup is on tapes that
    >ends successfully.
    >
    >Can anyone help us???
    >
    >Thanks a lot!!!

  3. Re: Unable to backup files lager than 2GB in AIX

    Have you checked your ulimit for the root user on your backup server? Set
    it to unlimited, and try it again

    Jeff Redington wrote:
    >Larger than 2 GB or 2TB? I believe there was a 2TB limit on disk
    >storage units.
    >
    >On 23 Aug 2005 15:48:23 -0500, "Simón A. Franquiz"
    > wrote:
    >

    >>We have some problems to backup images larger than 2GB in an AIX 5.2 server
    >>with NBU 5.0 writing in a STU Disk based. When the backup is on tapes that
    >>ends successfully.
    >>
    >>Can anyone help us???
    >>
    >>Thanks a lot!!!

  4. Re: Unable to backup files lager than 2GB in AIX

    "Mark" wrote:

    >Have you checked your ulimit for the root user on your backup server? Set
    >it to unlimited, and try it again
    >
    >Jeff Redington wrote:
    >>Larger than 2 GB or 2TB? I believe there was a 2TB limit on disk
    >>storage units.
    >>
    >>On 23 Aug 2005 15:48:23 -0500, "Simón A. Franquiz"
    >> wrote:
    >>

    >>>We have some problems to backup images larger than 2GB in an AIX 5.2 server
    >>>with NBU 5.0 writing in a STU Disk based. When the backup is on tapes

    that
    >>>ends successfully.
    >>>
    >>>Can anyone help us???
    >>>
    >>>Thanks a lot!!!

    Not sure about AIX but HP-UX has a variable called "largefiles" and if it's
    not set, you can't create files larger than 2G. You have to mount the filesystem
    in question with "largefiles" in the mount command.

    Scott

+ Reply to Thread