grep for active backups - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on grep for active backups - Veritas Net Backup ; What do I grep for to see if a restore or backup is currently running? ps -ef|grep ??? Thanks...

  1. grep for active backups

    What do I grep for to see if a restore or backup is currently running?

    ps -ef|grep ???

    Thanks

  2. Re: grep for active backups

    Enrique wrote, in part, on 8/23/2005 12:20 PM:
    > What do I grep for to see if a restore or backup is currently running?

    If non-"Done" jobs is close enough for you:

    bpdbjobs -L|grep -iv "Done"

    cheers, wayne

  3. Re: grep for active backups

    Enrique,
    You should use the following to grep for backup processes on a client system:
    ps -ef | grep bp

    "Enrique" wrote:

    >What do I grep for to see if a restore or backup is currently running?
    >
    >ps -ef|grep ???
    >
    >Thanks

  4. Re: grep for active backups

    "Mandy" wrote:

    >Enrique,
    >You should use the following to grep for backup processes on a client system:
    >ps -ef | grep bp
    >
    >"Enrique" wrote:
    >>
    >>What do I grep for to see if a restore or backup is currently running?
    >>
    >>ps -ef|grep ???
    >>
    >>Thanks

    this may well be overkill but i have all this kind of thing automated - have
    a look here and see if it's of any use - http://www.tek-tips.com/viewthread.c...1111514&page=1

+ Reply to Thread