Restore to a different location - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Restore to a different location - Veritas Net Backup ; Can anyone tell me if I am able to restore to a different location in my environment?? We have windows 2003 machines that have the tape drives on them. We are backing up netware servers. I would like to backup ...

  1. Restore to a different location

    Can anyone tell me if I am able to restore to a different location in my environment??
    We have windows 2003 machines that have the tape drives on them. We are
    backing up netware servers. I would like to backup a netware 01 server and
    restore to a netware 02 server. The restore keeps failing when I try a different
    box. If I restore to the same box different location it works.
    Please help if you can...

  2. Re: Restore to a different location

    tj43206 wrote:
    > Can anyone tell me if I am able to restore to a different location in my environment??
    > We have windows 2003 machines that have the tape drives on them. We are
    > backing up netware servers. I would like to backup a netware 01 server and
    > restore to a netware 02 server. The restore keeps failing when I try a different
    > box. If I restore to the same box different location it works.
    > Please help if you can...

    From a distance, it appears you may have a permissions problem.

    Try unchecking the "restore permissions" to verify.

    cheers, wayne

+ Reply to Thread