Volume group are.... - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Volume group are.... - Veritas Net Backup ; What exactly is a volume group? If you have a volume pool named "Oracle" where do volume groups come into play? I've read the documentation from Veritas but I still can't make the connection. Anybody have a better way of ...

  1. Volume group are....

    What exactly is a volume group? If you have a volume pool named "Oracle"
    where do volume groups come into play? I've read the documentation from
    Veritas but I still can't make the connection. Anybody have a better way
    of explaining it? Thanks!

  2. Re: Volume group are....

    volume group is the collection of volume pools, its a logical understanding
    of management of volumes which is none other than the tapes being used for
    backup.