Enable "allow multiple data streams" when backup exchange mailbox - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Enable "allow multiple data streams" when backup exchange mailbox - Veritas Net Backup ; I try to allow multiple data streams when backup the exchange mailbox, but it will fork over 2000 job to backup each mailbox. I have set "max job per client = 6" at Master Server global setting and "limit job ...

  1. Enable "allow multiple data streams" when backup exchange mailbox

    I try to allow multiple data streams when backup the exchange mailbox, but
    it will fork over 2000 job to backup each mailbox. I have set "max job per
    client = 6" at Master Server global setting and "limit job per policy = 6"

    anyone know what's wrong in it . or I just cannot use multiple data stream
    when backing up echange mailbox

  2. Re: Enable "allow multiple data streams" when backup exchange mailbox

    I've seen what you describe before.
    You have to be very careful with the mailbox directives, try something like
    this:

    NEW_STREAM
    Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes:\[0-A]*
    NEW_STREAM
    Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes:\B*
    NEW_STREAM
    Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes:\C*
    NEW_STREAM
    Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes:\D*
    NEW_STREAM
    Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes:\E*
    NEW_STREAM
    Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes:\F*
    NEW_STREAM
    Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes:\G*
    NEW_STREAM
    Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes:\H*
    NEW_STREAM
    Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes:\[I-K]*
    NEW_STREAM
    Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes:\[L-Z]*

    "Jason Wu" wrote in message

    > I try to allow multiple data streams when backup the exchange mailbox, but
    > it will fork over 2000 job to backup each mailbox. I have set "max job per
    > client = 6" at Master Server global setting and "limit job per policy = 6"
    >
    > anyone know what's wrong in it . or I just cannot use multiple data stream
    > when backing up echange mailbox

  3. Re: Enable "allow multiple data streams" when backup exchange mailbox

    I am thinking about your suggestion before , but most of the mailbox name
    is in chinese , I am not sure it will work for chinese. But I will try to
    have some testing.

    Thanks for your useful suggestion ~~

    "Backup Bob" wrote:
    >I've seen what you describe before.
    >You have to be very careful with the mailbox directives, try something like
    >this:
    >
    >NEW_STREAM
    >Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes:\[0-A]*
    >NEW_STREAM
    >Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes:\B*
    >NEW_STREAM
    >Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes:\C*
    >NEW_STREAM
    >Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes:\D*
    >NEW_STREAM
    >Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes:\E*
    >NEW_STREAM
    >Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes:\F*
    >NEW_STREAM
    >Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes:\G*
    >NEW_STREAM
    >Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes:\H*
    >NEW_STREAM
    >Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes:\[I-K]*
    >NEW_STREAM
    >Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes:\[L-Z]*
    >

    >"Jason Wu" wrote in message
    >>
    >> I try to allow multiple data streams when backup the exchange mailbox,

    but
    >> it will fork over 2000 job to backup each mailbox. I have set "max job

    per
    >> client = 6" at Master Server global setting and "limit job per policy

    = 6"

    >> anyone know what's wrong in it . or I just cannot use multiple data stream
    >> when backing up echange mailbox

  4. Re: Enable "allow multiple data streams" when backup exchange mailbox

    I guess to have 2000 mailboxes - accidentally 1 per job/stream, you need to
    find a way to split them up into a few chunks. I know nothing about
    chinese so I can't help there, but do ensure you have the NEW_STREAM lines,
    that should stop your previous problem of 1 job per mailbox.

    "Jason Wu" wrote in message

    > I am thinking about your suggestion before , but most of the mailbox name
    > is in chinese , I am not sure it will work for chinese. But I will try to
    > have some testing.
    >
    > Thanks for your useful suggestion ~~
    >
    > "Backup Bob" wrote:
    > >I've seen what you describe before.
    > >You have to be very careful with the mailbox directives, try something

    like
    > >this:
    > >
    > >NEW_STREAM
    > >Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes:\[0-A]*
    > >NEW_STREAM
    > >Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes:\B*
    > >NEW_STREAM
    > >Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes:\C*
    > >NEW_STREAM
    > >Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes:\D*
    > >NEW_STREAM
    > >Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes:\E*
    > >NEW_STREAM
    > >Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes:\F*
    > >NEW_STREAM
    > >Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes:\G*
    > >NEW_STREAM
    > >Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes:\H*
    > >NEW_STREAM
    > >Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes:\[I-K]*
    > >NEW_STREAM
    > >Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes:\[L-Z]*
    > >

    > >"Jason Wu" wrote in message
    > >>
    > >> I try to allow multiple data streams when backup the exchange mailbox,

    > but
    > >> it will fork over 2000 job to backup each mailbox. I have set "max job

    > per
    > >> client = 6" at Master Server global setting and "limit job per policy

    > = 6"
    > >>
    > >> anyone know what's wrong in it . or I just cannot use multiple data

    stream
    > >> when backing up echange mailbox

+ Reply to Thread