config DSSU with network mapped drive , get status 35 - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on config DSSU with network mapped drive , get status 35 - Veritas Net Backup ; We try to config DSSU with network mapped drive , but we get status 35 when we used it. It said "unable to create directory \\yitsnas01\NBUBK for backup images, permission denied" How can do to config DSSU correctly ? or ...

  1. config DSSU with network mapped drive , get status 35

    We try to config DSSU with network mapped drive , but we get status 35 when
    we used it. It said "unable to create directory \\yitsnas01\NBUBK for backup
    images, permission denied"

    How can do to config DSSU correctly ? or is there anthing I should check
    when I config the DSSU

  2. Re: config DSSU with network mapped drive , get status 35

    "Jason Wu" wrote:

    >We try to config DSSU with network mapped drive , but we get status 35 when
    >we used it. It said "unable to create directory \\yitsnas01\NBUBK for backup
    >images, permission denied"
    >
    >How can do to config DSSU correctly ? or is there anthing I should check
    >when I config the DSSU

    Maybe your backup account don't have sufficent privileges for create directory
    on your server ?

  3. Re: config DSSU with network mapped drive , get status 35

    I have check and grant all privileges for the the account I used , but do
    you know which user used when I use the network mapped drive?

    "anthony" wrote:

    >"Jason Wu" wrote:
    >>
    >>We try to config DSSU with network mapped drive , but we get status 35

    when
    >>we used it. It said "unable to create directory \\yitsnas01\NBUBK for backup
    >>images, permission denied"
    >>
    >>How can do to config DSSU correctly ? or is there anthing I should check
    >>when I config the DSSU

    >Maybe your backup account don't have sufficent privileges for create directory
    >on your server ?

  4. Re: config DSSU with network mapped drive , get status 35

    "Jason Wu" wrote:

    >I have check and grant all privileges for the the account I used , but do
    >you know which user used when I use the network mapped drive?
    >
    >"anthony" wrote:
    >>
    >>"Jason Wu" wrote:
    >>>
    >>>We try to config DSSU with network mapped drive , but we get status 35

    >when
    >>>we used it. It said "unable to create directory \\yitsnas01\NBUBK for

    backup
    >>>images, permission denied"
    >>>
    >>>How can do to config DSSU correctly ? or is there anthing I should check
    >>>when I config the DSSU

    >>Maybe your backup account don't have sufficent privileges for create directory
    >>on your server ?

    The account which is used for backup must have the rights and privileges
    for writing on your network drive.
    Do you try to restore locally ?

  5. Re: config DSSU with network mapped drive , get status 35

    By default the NetBackup client service which would be used to try to
    create the remote directory is the local service account. You need to
    change that to be an account that has admin rights to the location
    where the mapped drive is. It is generally not recommended to use a
    network mapped drives for DSSU's.

    JR

    On 18 Aug 2005 07:18:17 -0500, "Jason Wu"
    wrote:

    >We try to config DSSU with network mapped drive , but we get status 35 when
    >we used it. It said "unable to create directory \\yitsnas01\NBUBK for backup
    >images, permission denied"
    >
    >How can do to config DSSU correctly ? or is there anthing I should check
    >when I config the DSSU

+ Reply to Thread