Implement Script to Shutdown DB before backup and restart DB after backup - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Implement Script to Shutdown DB before backup and restart DB after backup - Veritas Net Backup ; Environment: Master Server: Windows 2k3 Ent. Svr. Client: Windows 2k3 Svr. Netbackup Enterprise Server 5.0 MP2 We have a MOM server and want to start backing it up. I would like to write a script to Shutdown the SQL DB ...

  1. Implement Script to Shutdown DB before backup and restart DB after backup

    Environment:
    Master Server: Windows 2k3 Ent. Svr.
    Client: Windows 2k3 Svr.
    Netbackup Enterprise Server 5.0 MP2

    We have a MOM server and want to start backing it up. I would like to write
    a script to Shutdown the SQL DB when the backup starts and start the DB when
    the backup finishes. How can I go about doing this? I am pretty sure I
    can write the script as a .bat file, but where do I implement or tie the
    .bat file into the Policy? Thanks in advance for any advice.
    Ben

  2. Re: Implement Script to Shutdown DB before backup and restart DB after backup

    "Ben Fiser" wrote:

    >Environment:
    > Master Server: Windows 2k3 Ent. Svr.
    > Client: Windows 2k3 Svr.
    > Netbackup Enterprise Server 5.0 MP2
    >
    >We have a MOM server and want to start backing it up. I would like to write
    >a script to Shutdown the SQL DB when the backup starts and start the DB

    when
    >the backup finishes. How can I go about doing this? I am pretty sure

    >can write the script as a .bat file, but where do I implement or tie the
    >.bat file into the Policy? Thanks in advance for any advice.
    >Ben

    The bat files will be name bpstart_notify.cmd and bpend_notify.cmd. The post
    them in the \Veritas\NetBackup\bin folder
    The scripting in there should work

    Somehting like Net Stop "service name "

    There is a knowledge base article that has pictures and arrows and the technical
    paragraph on this subject.

    Dale

+ Reply to Thread