Master server - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Master server - Veritas Net Backup ; I need to migrate the master server to a new box. What is the best method?...

  1. Master server

    I need to migrate the master server to a new box. What is the best method?

  2. Re: Master server

    If you are going to use the same operating system, then the best way to do
    this migration would be to back up the catalog to tape. Then build the new
    server(same name), with the same version of Netbackup, then import the catalog
    tape with bpimport.

    "Steven Kirkendoll" wrote:

    >I need to migrate the master server to a new box. What is the best method?

  3. Re: Master server

    Use bprecover

    "Jeffrey Bernard" wrote in message

    > If you are going to use the same operating system, then the best way to do
    > this migration would be to back up the catalog to tape. Then build the

    new
    > server(same name), with the same version of Netbackup, then import the

    catalog
    > tape with bpimport.
    >

    > "Steven Kirkendoll" wrote:
    > >
    > >I need to migrate the master server to a new box. What is the best

    method?

  4. Re: Master server

    Would this be the same method to use in a disaster recovery situation to restore
    a master server?

    "Jeffrey Bernard" wrote:

    >If you are going to use the same operating system, then the best way to

    do
    >this migration would be to back up the catalog to tape. Then build the

    new
    >server(same name), with the same version of Netbackup, then import the catalog
    >tape with bpimport.
    >

    >"Steven Kirkendoll" wrote:
    >>
    >>I need to migrate the master server to a new box. What is the best method?

  5. Re: Master server

    Pretty much. Or you could stop the services on old and new server and copy
    across the Veritas files.

    "Ben Fiser" wrote in message

    > Would this be the same method to use in a disaster recovery situation to

    restore
    > a master server?
    >

    > "Jeffrey Bernard" wrote:
    > >

    > >If you are going to use the same operating system, then the best way to

    > do
    > >this migration would be to back up the catalog to tape. Then build the

    > new
    > >server(same name), with the same version of Netbackup, then import the

    catalog
    > >tape with bpimport.
    > >

    > >"Steven Kirkendoll" wrote:
    > >>
    > >>I need to migrate the master server to a new box. What is the best

    method?

+ Reply to Thread