Unable to perform full backup - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Unable to perform full backup - Veritas Net Backup ; All local drives would be the correct choice when backing up all the drives on the system. Do you know what was skipped? What patch level are you running? There was a problem with VSP causing some directories to be ...

  1. Re: Unable to perform full backup

    All local drives would be the correct choice when backing up all the
    drives on the system. Do you know what was skipped? What patch level
    are you running? There was a problem with VSP causing some directories
    to be skipped during a backup. One hour for the estimation process is
    probably about right for 100GB. If you disable the client job tracker
    on the client, it won't do the estimate and that will shave some time
    off the job. See the following technote for more information:

    JR

    On 8 Aug 2005 11:03:38 -0500, "Little_Pig"
    wrote:

    >Dear All,
    >
    >I'm new to NetBackup, would you guys give me some helps?
    >
    >I've selected all local drive when I backed up a media server to its attached
    >LTO2 device but I found only part of files were backed up. My C drive has
    >around 4 Gb data but only around 700 mb were backed up. Is my setting wrong?
    >I've select all local drive in policy and full backup in schedule.
    >
    >On the other hand, how much speed does your guys got with LTO2 usually? I
    >used a Dell 2850 server with 2 Gb Ram and an LTO2 tape drive but only get
    >around 6000Kb/s. It take around 4 hours to backup just 100Gb data. The estimation
    >process takes around an hour to finish. Is It normal?
    >
    >Thank you very much for any advice!

  2. Re: Unable to perform full backup

    in article 42f7825a@ROSASTDMZ05., Little_Pig at Kennethyanad@yahoo.com wrote
    on 8/8/05 9:03 AM:

    > Dear All,
    >
    > I'm new to NetBackup, would you guys give me some helps?
    >
    > I've selected all local drive when I backed up a media server to its attached
    > LTO2 device but I found only part of files were backed up. My C drive has
    > around 4 Gb data but only around 700 mb were backed up. Is my setting wrong?
    > I've select all local drive in policy and full backup in schedule.
    >
    > On the other hand, how much speed does your guys got with LTO2 usually? I
    > used a Dell 2850 server with 2 Gb Ram and an LTO2 tape drive but only get
    > around 6000Kb/s. It take around 4 hours to backup just 100Gb data. The
    > estimation
    > process takes around an hour to finish. Is It normal?
    >
    > Thank you very much for any advice!

    Is that client configured with an exclude list that may be excluding some of
    that data?

    I get 25MB/sec on my LTO2's by increasing the number and size of the data
    buffers. On Solaris I have

    bash-2.05# cat /opt/openv/netbackup/db/config/SIZE_DATA_BUFFERS
    262144

    bash-2.05# cat /opt/openv/netbackup/db/config/NUMBER_DATA_BUFFERS
    16

    Don't know where these files are on Windows.

  3. Unable to perform full backup

    Dear All,

    I'm new to NetBackup, would you guys give me some helps?

    I've selected all local drive when I backed up a media server to its attached
    LTO2 device but I found only part of files were backed up. My C drive has
    around 4 Gb data but only around 700 mb were backed up. Is my setting wrong?
    I've select all local drive in policy and full backup in schedule.

    On the other hand, how much speed does your guys got with LTO2 usually? I
    used a Dell 2850 server with 2 Gb Ram and an LTO2 tape drive but only get
    around 6000Kb/s. It take around 4 hours to backup just 100Gb data. The estimation
    process takes around an hour to finish. Is It normal?

    Thank you very much for any advice!

  4. Re: Unable to perform full backup

    Netbackup skips the pagefile by default, that could be 2GB of C:

    "Little_Pig" wrote in message

    > Dear All,
    >
    > I'm new to NetBackup, would you guys give me some helps?
    >
    > I've selected all local drive when I backed up a media server to its

    attached
    > LTO2 device but I found only part of files were backed up. My C drive has
    > around 4 Gb data but only around 700 mb were backed up. Is my setting

    wrong?
    > I've select all local drive in policy and full backup in schedule.
    >
    > On the other hand, how much speed does your guys got with LTO2 usually? I
    > used a Dell 2850 server with 2 Gb Ram and an LTO2 tape drive but only get
    > around 6000Kb/s. It take around 4 hours to backup just 100Gb data. The

    estimation
    > process takes around an hour to finish. Is It normal?
    >
    > Thank you very much for any advice!

+ Reply to Thread