NetBackup 6.0 - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on NetBackup 6.0 - Veritas Net Backup ; If your paying for extended support does this include the upgrade to NetBackup 6.0, or is this something you have to pay extra for? If you do have to pay extra for the upgrade has anyone come across around what ...

  1. NetBackup 6.0

    If your paying for extended support does this include the upgrade to
    NetBackup 6.0, or is this something you have to pay extra for? If you do
    have to pay extra for the upgrade has anyone come across around what the
    cost will be? (upgrading from NetBackup 5.x)

    Thanks!

  2. Re: NetBackup 6.0

    You get free upgrades if you pay for extended support.

    "MikeF" wrote:
    >If your paying for extended support does this include the upgrade to
    >NetBackup 6.0, or is this something you have to pay extra for? If you do

    >have to pay extra for the upgrade has anyone come across around what the

    >cost will be? (upgrading from NetBackup 5.x)
    >
    >Thanks!

  3. Re: NetBackup 6.0

    in article 42f3db60@ROSASTDMZ05., Reneevdw at reneevdw@cendant-trg.com wrote
    on 8/5/05 2:34 PM:

    > You get free upgrades if you pay for extended support.
    >
    > "MikeF" wrote:
    >> If your paying for extended support does this include the upgrade to
    >> NetBackup 6.0, or is this something you have to pay extra for? If you do

    >> have to pay extra for the upgrade has anyone come across around what the

    >> cost will be? (upgrading from NetBackup 5.x)
    >>
    >> Thanks!

    Speaking of, has anyone heard a release date for 6.0? My reseller tells me
    August, but that's all they know.

  4. Re: NetBackup 6.0

    ps wrote:
    >in article 42f3db60@ROSASTDMZ05., Reneevdw at reneevdw@cendant-trg.com wrote
    >on 8/5/05 2:34 PM:
    >

    >> You get free upgrades if you pay for extended support.
    >>
    >> "MikeF" wrote:
    >>> If your paying for extended support does this include the upgrade to
    >>> NetBackup 6.0, or is this something you have to pay extra for? If you

    do

    >>> have to pay extra for the upgrade has anyone come across around what

    the

    >>> cost will be? (upgrading from NetBackup 5.x)
    >>>
    >>> Thanks!
    >>>

    >Speaking of, has anyone heard a release date for 6.0? My reseller tells

    me
    >August, but that's all they know.

    It's been delayed. From what I hear, end of year is optimistic right now.

  5. Re: NetBackup 6.0

    My Veritas sales guy said October possibly

    "GS" wrote in message news:42f7762f@ROSASTDMZ05....

    > ps wrote:
    > >in article 42f3db60@ROSASTDMZ05., Reneevdw at reneevdw@cendant-trg.com

    wrote
    > >on 8/5/05 2:34 PM:
    > >

    > >> You get free upgrades if you pay for extended support.

    > do

    > the

    > >Speaking of, has anyone heard a release date for 6.0? My reseller tells

    > me
    > >August, but that's all they know.

    > It's been delayed. From what I hear, end of year is optimistic right now.

  6. Re: NetBackup 6.0

    "Backup Bob" wrote:
    >My Veritas sales guy said October possibly
    >

    >"GS" wrote in message news:42f7762f@ROSASTDMZ05....
    >>
    >> ps wrote:
    >> >in article 42f3db60@ROSASTDMZ05., Reneevdw at reneevdw@cendant-trg.com

    >wrote
    >> >on 8/5/05 2:34 PM:

    you
    >> do

    >> the

    >> >Speaking of, has anyone heard a release date for 6.0? My reseller tells

    >> me
    >> >August, but that's all they know.

    >> It's been delayed. From what I hear, end of year is optimistic right

    now.

    Yeah..sales rep mentioned to me beginning of fall.

    Also, we have basic support does it mean we have to pay for extra for Netbackup
    6 upgrade? Seems unfair.

+ Reply to Thread