Storage Unit is unavailable (219) - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Storage Unit is unavailable (219) - Veritas Net Backup ; All the backups on one of my SAN media servers are failing with Status 219 even though there are drives available for the bacups. It used to work until early this week. Is there a commandline utility I could use ...

  1. Storage Unit is unavailable (219)

    All the backups on one of my SAN media servers are failing with Status 219
    even though there are drives available for the bacups. It used to work until
    early this week. Is there a commandline utility I could use to force the
    San Media server to see the Storage Unit again? Rebooting the server is
    not an option at this time.

  2. Re: Storage Unit is unavailable (219)

    Assuming the drives are not in a down status you could use the
    following:

    bpschedreq -read_stunits

    That may or may not work. Are the drives showing as mixed or down? If
    so, you can also try stopping and restarting NetBackup services on all
    the media servers and see if that helps. Depending on why it is seeing
    the storage units as down, it may require a reboot.

    JR

    On 5 Aug 2005 13:52:49 -0500, "Reneevdw"
    wrote:

    >All the backups on one of my SAN media servers are failing with Status 219
    >even though there are drives available for the bacups. It used to work until
    >early this week. Is there a commandline utility I could use to force the
    >San Media server to see the Storage Unit again? Rebooting the server is
    >not an option at this time.

+ Reply to Thread