Media density DLT DLT1 DLT2 DLT3 - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Media density DLT DLT1 DLT2 DLT3 - Veritas Net Backup ; Please is there anywhere that specifies what DLT density things should be I see from a tape that I have from Quantum that the tape is SDLT1? I have two HP320 (160GB/320GB) drives - one discovers at DLT3 and another ...

  1. Media density DLT DLT1 DLT2 DLT3

    Please is there anywhere that specifies what DLT density things should be

    I see from a tape that I have from Quantum that the tape is SDLT1?
    I have two HP320 (160GB/320GB) drives - one discovers at DLT3 and another
    at DLT2.

    I cant find anywhere on Veritas where this information is published or easy
    to find.

  2. Re: Media density DLT DLT1 DLT2 DLT3

    The DLT, DLT2, DLT3 densities in NetBackup are logical groupings. They
    actually have nothing to do with the density of the tapes you are
    using. The reason there are multiple densities is for situations where
    you have more than one kind of tape drives. The key is to use the same
    density for the same drive types across all your servers. So in your
    case, with the SDLT drives you can choose DLT but then whenever you
    add or configure another SDLT drive or share your SDLT drive to
    another server it must be configured as DLT there also. Hope this
    helps.

    JR

    On 5 Aug 2005 06:07:59 -0500, "TSmith" wrote:

    >Please is there anywhere that specifies what DLT density things should be
    >
    >I see from a tape that I have from Quantum that the tape is SDLT1?
    >I have two HP320 (160GB/320GB) drives - one discovers at DLT3 and another
    >at DLT2.
    >
    >I cant find anywhere on Veritas where this information is published or easy
    >to find.

+ Reply to Thread