Disaster Recovery drill - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Disaster Recovery drill - Veritas Net Backup ; We are getting ready to perform a Disaster Recovery drill. When I restore the Catalog files everything restores on the master server correctly, but how do I disable my primary backups so my Master Server looks to the copies to ...

  1. Disaster Recovery drill

    We are getting ready to perform a Disaster Recovery drill. When I restore
    the Catalog files everything restores on the master server correctly, but
    how do I disable my primary backups so my Master Server looks to the copies
    to perform all restores? I am running Netbackup 5.1 MP3 on my Master Server.

    Thanks,
    Steve

  2. Re: Disaster Recovery drill

    I assume you are talking about duplicate backup copies, you have to promote
    them to "primary copy" to restore from them.

    "Steve" wrote in message news:42ea37f7@ROSASTDMZ05....

    > We are getting ready to perform a Disaster Recovery drill. When I restore
    > the Catalog files everything restores on the master server correctly, but
    > how do I disable my primary backups so my Master Server looks to the

    copies
    > to perform all restores? I am running Netbackup 5.1 MP3 on my Master

    Server.

    > Thanks,
    > Steve

+ Reply to Thread