Enabling multiplexing - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Enabling multiplexing - Veritas Net Backup ; Hello All, I am fairly new to the NetBackup world, and I think I messed something up. I tried to turn on multiplexing on my drive, and seem to have lost my policies and reports functionallity. I have restarted services, ...

  1. Enabling multiplexing

    Hello All,

    I am fairly new to the NetBackup world, and I think I messed something up.
    I tried to turn on multiplexing on my drive, and seem to have lost my policies
    and reports functionallity. I have restarted services, but it didn't help.
    I can get into the Console, but there are no options for policy or reports.

    It sounds pretty wierd. Also, I closed out of the console and went back in.
    I got a message saying the server was not listed as a local host and do I
    want to add it. I clicked yes. I don't know if that helps at all, but I figured
    I would include it.

    I anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it. I know it is not a lot to
    go by.

    Thanks.

  2. Re: Enabling multiplexing

    "Eric" wrote:

    >Hello All,
    >
    >I am fairly new to the NetBackup world, and I think I messed something up.
    >I tried to turn on multiplexing on my drive, and seem to have lost my policies
    >and reports functionallity. I have restarted services, but it didn't help.
    >I can get into the Console, but there are no options for policy or reports.
    >

    >It sounds pretty wierd. Also, I closed out of the console and went back

    in.
    >I got a message saying the server was not listed as a local host and do

    >want to add it. I clicked yes. I don't know if that helps at all, but I

    figured
    >I would include it.
    >
    >I anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it. I know it is not a lot

    >go by.
    >
    >Thanks.

    You may want to try launching a command prompt and typing: (Before you do
    this step make sure there are no backup running)
    bpdown

    When the command asks you to shut down the services, say yes.

    Once this completes, run bpup and say yes to the prompt. This effectively
    restarts all of your NBU server services (Do this from the master server).

    Also, if you are launching the console from a machine other than the NBU
    master server, then make sure that your computer name is listed in the additional
    servers section of the master server client properties.

    Make sure that DNS is configured correctly. If this is a remote console,
    try adding your host machines name and IP address into the NBU master server
    hosts file and add the NBU master servers name and IP address to your client
    machines host file. I've seen this cause issues if this is not set.

    If you are running the console on the master server and restarting the services
    don't work, try rebooting the server.

  3. Re: Enabling multiplexing

    "MIchael" wrote:

    >"Eric" wrote:
    >>
    >>Hello All,
    >>
    >>I am fairly new to the NetBackup world, and I think I messed something

    up.
    >>I tried to turn on multiplexing on my drive, and seem to have lost my policies
    >>and reports functionallity. I have restarted services, but it didn't help.
    >>I can get into the Console, but there are no options for policy or reports.
    >>

    >>It sounds pretty wierd. Also, I closed out of the console and went back

    >in.
    >>I got a message saying the server was not listed as a local host and do

    >>want to add it. I clicked yes. I don't know if that helps at all, but I

    >figured
    >>I would include it.
    >>
    >>I anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it. I know it is not a lot

    >>go by.
    >>
    >>Thanks.

    >You may want to try launching a command prompt and typing: (Before you do
    >this step make sure there are no backup running)
    >bpdown
    >
    >When the command asks you to shut down the services, say yes.
    >
    >Once this completes, run bpup and say yes to the prompt. This effectively
    >restarts all of your NBU server services (Do this from the master server).
    >
    >Also, if you are launching the console from a machine other than the NBU
    >master server, then make sure that your computer name is listed in the additional
    >servers section of the master server client properties.
    >
    >Make sure that DNS is configured correctly. If this is a remote console,
    >try adding your host machines name and IP address into the NBU master server
    >hosts file and add the NBU master servers name and IP address to your client
    >machines host file. I've seen this cause issues if this is not set.
    >
    >If you are running the console on the master server and restarting the services
    >don't work, try rebooting the server.

    Hi junta !!!
    but MIke , i am still confused about how can turning on multiplexing lead
    to a loss of policy and report, i guess Eric is actually not able to adminster
    from the right box and thats the reason he is not getting the policies and
    reports,Eric make sure if i am not wrong that you are accessing the master
    server.

+ Reply to Thread