retries allowed after runday - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on retries allowed after runday - Veritas Net Backup ; Can someone explain the use of the "Retries after runday" when used with a calendar schedule type. We have a backup window that ends at midnight and have this option set but if a job fails to start inside the ...

  1. retries allowed after runday

    Can someone explain the use of the "Retries after runday" when used with a
    calendar schedule type.

    We have a backup window that ends at midnight and have this option set but
    if a job fails to start inside the window eg before midnight it does not
    try again on the next day as we would like it.

    thanks

  2. Re: retries allowed after runday

    The retry after runday only applies if the backup window goes from one
    day to the next, for example from 8 pm Friday to 2 AM Saturday.
    Without the retry after runday it would not start the job after
    midnight on Friday.

    On 25 Jul 2005 09:59:04 -0500, "Martin Wells"
    wrote:

    >Can someone explain the use of the "Retries after runday" when used with a
    >calendar schedule type.
    >
    >We have a backup window that ends at midnight and have this option set but
    >if a job fails to start inside the window eg before midnight it does not
    >try again on the next day as we would like it.
    >
    >thanks

  3. Re: retries allowed after runday

    A backup can only retry during a backup window, so change the window to go
    past midnight.
    This is not really what the "retries allowed after runday" setting is for.

    "Martin Wells" wrote in message

    > Can someone explain the use of the "Retries after runday" when used with a
    > calendar schedule type.
    >
    > We have a backup window that ends at midnight and have this option set but
    > if a job fails to start inside the window eg before midnight it does not
    > try again on the next day as we would like it.
    >
    > thanks

+ Reply to Thread