Clumative\Incrementals are running Fulls - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Clumative\Incrementals are running Fulls - Veritas Net Backup ; Have you tried telling it not to use the archive bit for backups? I would have to see a copy of a very verbose bpbkar log to find out why it thinks it should back up every file. If you ...

  1. Re: Clumative\Incrementals are running Fulls

    Have you tried telling it not to use the archive bit for backups? I
    would have to see a copy of a very verbose bpbkar log to find out why
    it thinks it should back up every file. If you turn on bpbkar and set
    verbose to 3 or 4, it may give you a hint. There was an issue if there
    was a file with a date older than 1980 or so in a subfolder that all
    folders above that would get backed up.

    JR

    On 22 Jul 2005 11:34:35 -0500, "Gordon"
    wrote:

    >Two weeks ago I contacted Veritas support about one of our policy's always
    >running a full (backing up every file on disk) even though it was suppose
    >to be doing an Clumative backup of that disk. They had me apply a Microsoft
    >patch # 833281. The policy worked for about 2-weeks. Now it is doing the
    >same thing agian.
    >
    >Any ideas of how to fix this one?

  2. Clumative\Incrementals are running Fulls

    Two weeks ago I contacted Veritas support about one of our policy's always
    running a full (backing up every file on disk) even though it was suppose
    to be doing an Clumative backup of that disk. They had me apply a Microsoft
    patch # 833281. The policy worked for about 2-weeks. Now it is doing the
    same thing agian.

    Any ideas of how to fix this one?

  3. Re: Clumative\Incrementals are running Fulls

    Are you performing Full backups of this box within the policy? If you aren't,
    then of course your Cumulative Incr are going to eventually become fulls.

    "Gordon" wrote:

    >Two weeks ago I contacted Veritas support about one of our policy's always
    >running a full (backing up every file on disk) even though it was suppose
    >to be doing an Clumative backup of that disk. They had me apply a Microsoft
    >patch # 833281. The policy worked for about 2-weeks. Now it is doing the
    >same thing agian.
    >
    >Any ideas of how to fix this one?

  4. Re: Clumative\Incrementals are running Fulls

    What version of NBU and patch level are you running?

+ Reply to Thread