Media Manager crashes - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Media Manager crashes - Veritas Net Backup ; When attempting to display media in robotic library, NBU Administrative Console Closes. I cannot see tape media in my robotic library; however, I cannot see contents of volume pools or volume groups. I am using HP SureStore Ultrium1 Robotic Library ...

  1. Media Manager crashes

    When attempting to display media in robotic library, NBU Administrative Console
    Closes. I cannot see tape media in my robotic library; however, I cannot
    see contents of volume pools or volume groups. I am using HP SureStore Ultrium1
    Robotic Library (9-slot). Backups seem to be progressing fine (can see activity
    report) but NBU Admin. Console doen't show any specific Media.

  2. Re: Media Manager crashes

    "Doug" wrote:

    >When attempting to display media in robotic library, NBU Administrative

    Console
    >Closes. I cannot see tape media in my robotic library; however, I cannot
    >see contents of volume pools or volume groups. I am using HP SureStore Ultrium1
    >Robotic Library (9-slot). Backups seem to be progressing fine (can see activity
    >report) but NBU Admin. Console doen't show any specific Media.

  3. Re: Media Manager crashes

    "Jac vd Zijden" wrote:

    Doug,

    I met the same problem. Did you have found a solution for this already?

    Regards,

    Jac van der Zijden
    >"Doug" wrote:
    >>
    >>When attempting to display media in robotic library, NBU Administrative

    >Console
    >>Closes. I cannot see tape media in my robotic library; however, I cannot
    >>see contents of volume pools or volume groups. I am using HP SureStore

    Ultrium1
    >>Robotic Library (9-slot). Backups seem to be progressing fine (can see

    activity
    >>report) but NBU Admin. Console doen't show any specific Media.

  4. Re: Media Manager crashes

    If you are using the Windows Adm Console most of the time crash problems are
    realted to key in the registry that have wrong or invalid values.
    You can try to:

    1) Close de NBU Win Adm Cons
    2) Open regedit
    3) Backup the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\VERITAS\NetBackup Section
    4) Rename the:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\VERITAS\NetBackup\Netba ckup Administration Console
    5) Rename the:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\VERITAS\NetBackup\NBPMe dia

    Some of the NBP* entries store sections of the NBU Console display settings,
    the get recreated when the Console starts.

    WARNING: messing the registry could render your sys unusable... blah blah
    be very careful. ALWAYS NETBACKUP before moving stuff!

    Have a nice day!

    "Jac vd Zijden" wrote:

    >"Doug" wrote:
    >>
    >>When attempting to display media in robotic library, NBU Administrative

    >Console
    >>Closes. I cannot see tape media in my robotic library; however, I cannot
    >>see contents of volume pools or volume groups. I am using HP SureStore

    Ultrium1
    >>Robotic Library (9-slot). Backups seem to be progressing fine (can see

    activity
    >>report) but NBU Admin. Console doen't show any specific Media.

+ Reply to Thread