ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES - Veritas Net Backup ; I have policies with ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES selected in the backup selection. The thing that I am trying to get rid of is some of the servers have a,b,c,d,e,f, and g drives and some of the servers only have a,b,c,and d. When ...

  1. ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES

    I have policies with ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES selected in the backup selection. The
    thing that I am trying to get rid of is some of the servers have a,b,c,d,e,f,
    and g drives and some of the servers only have a,b,c,and d. When I have
    some servers with more drives in the same policy I recieve multipul error
    71s from the server with the fewer drives. Does anyone know how I can provent
    this from happening besides making many new policies?

  2. Re: ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES

    Donna Mourer wrote, in part, on 6/16/2005 2:40 PM:
    > I have policies with ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES selected in the backup selection. The
    > thing that I am trying to get rid of is some of the servers have a,b,c,d,e,f,
    > and g drives and some of the servers only have a,b,c,and d. When I have
    > some servers with more drives in the same policy I recieve multipul error
    > 71s from the server with the fewer drives. Does anyone know how I can provent
    > this from happening besides making many new policies?

    I think something else is going on. I had some 71 early on with version
    5 ... on machines with a hidden partition, as I recall ... but *none*
    now that I'm on v5.1MP3 everywhere.

    cheers, wayne

  3. Re: ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES

    Wayne T Smith wrote:
    >Donna Mourer wrote, in part, on 6/16/2005 2:40 PM:
    >> I have policies with ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES selected in the backup selection.

    The
    >> thing that I am trying to get rid of is some of the servers have a,b,c,d,e,f,
    >> and g drives and some of the servers only have a,b,c,and d. When I have
    >> some servers with more drives in the same policy I recieve multipul error
    >> 71s from the server with the fewer drives. Does anyone know how I can

    provent
    >> this from happening besides making many new policies?

    >I think something else is going on. I had some 71 early on with version

    >5 ... on machines with a hidden partition, as I recall ... but *none*
    >now that I'm on v5.1MP3 everywhere.
    >
    >cheers, wayne

    We need to know the client version and patch. There were "issues" with 5.0
    and 5.1 in the way the client process worked with the open file option. Patch
    2 for both versions had cleaned all that up.

    Dale

  4. Re: ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES

    "Dale" wrote:

    >Wayne T Smith wrote:
    >>Donna Mourer wrote, in part, on 6/16/2005 2:40 PM:
    >>> I have policies with ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES selected in the backup selection.

    > The
    >>> thing that I am trying to get rid of is some of the servers have a,b,c,d,e,f,
    >>> and g drives and some of the servers only have a,b,c,and d. When I have
    >>> some servers with more drives in the same policy I recieve multipul error
    >>> 71s from the server with the fewer drives. Does anyone know how I can

    >provent
    >>> this from happening besides making many new policies?

    >>I think something else is going on. I had some 71 early on with version

    >>5 ... on machines with a hidden partition, as I recall ... but *none*
    >>now that I'm on v5.1MP3 everywhere.
    >>
    >>cheers, wayne

    >We need to know the client version and patch. There were "issues" with 5.0
    >and 5.1 in the way the client process worked with the open file option.

    Patch
    >2 for both versions had cleaned all that up.
    >
    >Dale

    please do verify wether the partitions being listed are actually present
    in the servers getting backed up, error 71 is for missing backup selection.What
    i believe is since you have listed more than one client in the client selection
    list and the backup selection is same for all these clients cause of the
    same policy, so any partition missing for any of the clients can came out
    with eror 71, you can rectify this problem by creating separate policies
    for each and every client according to the backup selection or grouping the
    clients in a particular with a specific backup selection. Thge main criteria
    is the backup selection.

    Ankur Kumar

+ Reply to Thread