Doing DR with different master hostname - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Doing DR with different master hostname - Veritas Net Backup ; Hi All, Would need your expert advise on the exact steps on doing DR to another site with another master server having different hostname. Hope someone can guide me on ithis? I installing NBU 5.1 MP3 on implementation. Thanks Mike ...

  1. Doing DR with different master hostname

    Hi All,

    Would need your expert advise on the exact steps on doing DR to
    another site with another master server having different hostname. Hope
    someone can guide me on ithis? I installing NBU 5.1 MP3 on implementation.

    Thanks
    Mike Lim

  2. Re: Doing DR with different master hostname

    "Mike Lim" wrote:

    >Hi All,
    >
    > Would need your expert advise on the exact steps on doing DR to
    > another site with another master server having different hostname. Hope
    >someone can guide me on ithis? I installing NBU 5.1 MP3 on implementation.
    >

    > Thanks
    > Mike Lim

    Mike,

    I was under the [possibly mistake] impression that hostnames had to match.
    For one thing, all of the catalog information was written using a certain
    hostname.

    Scott

  3. Re: Doing DR with different master hostname

    What OS are you running. I'm on unix.

    wrote:

    >"Mike Lim" wrote:
    >>
    >>Hi All,
    >>
    >> Would need your expert advise on the exact steps on doing DR to
    >> another site with another master server having different hostname. Hope
    >>someone can guide me on ithis? I installing NBU 5.1 MP3 on implementation.
    >>

    >> Thanks
    >> Mike Lim
    >>

    >Mike,
    >
    > I was under the [possibly mistake] impression that hostnames had to match.
    > For one thing, all of the catalog information was written using a certain
    >hostname.
    >

    >Scott

  4. Re: Doing DR with different master hostname

    "RayD" wrote:

    >What OS are you running. I'm on unix.
    >

    > wrote:
    >>
    >>"Mike Lim" wrote:
    >>>
    >>>Hi All,
    >>>
    >>> Would need your expert advise on the exact steps on doing DR to
    >>> another site with another master server having different hostname. Hope
    >>>someone can guide me on ithis? I installing NBU 5.1 MP3 on implementation.
    >>>

    >>> Thanks
    >>> Mike Lim
    >>>

    >>Mike,
    >>
    >> I was under the [possibly mistake] impression that hostnames had to

    match.
    >> For one thing, all of the catalog information was written using a certain
    >>hostname.
    >>

    >>Scott

    I just got back from a DR test doing exactly what you are asking. I used
    bprecover with -dhost new-master-name, left the default bp.conf that was
    created during the install to the new master, set up buffers and tape drives,
    and was restoring in no time.
    Ron B.

+ Reply to Thread