Exclude multimedia files in many directory - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Exclude multimedia files in many directory - Veritas Net Backup ; With Version 5, Veritas (ill-advisedly, IMHO) told us we no longer need to do that (and removed the function from the product). Sorry. If Version 6 will ease troubleshooting and improve reliability. scheduling, reporting, DR, and disk storage, NetBackup would ...

  1. Re: Exclude multimedia files in many directory

    With Version 5, Veritas (ill-advisedly, IMHO) told us we no longer need
    to do that (and removed the function from the product). Sorry.

    If Version 6 will ease troubleshooting and improve reliability.
    scheduling, reporting, DR, and disk storage, NetBackup would be almost
    perfect, would it not? ;-)

    cheers, wayne

    Fan Of Tarja wrote, in part, on 6/15/2005 12:01 PM:
    > I'm trying to find the method to exlude multimedia files (such as avi; mp3...)
    > in many directory with subdirectories. Which syntax can i use to exclude
    > these files ?

  2. Re: Exclude multimedia files in many directory

    in article 42b050ca@ROSASTDMZ05., Fan Of Tarja at fan.of.tarja@gmail.com
    wrote on 6/15/05 9:01 AM:

    > Hello
    >
    > I'm trying to find the method to exlude multimedia files (such as avi; mp3...)
    > in many directory with subdirectories. Which syntax can i use to exclude
    > these files ?
    >
    > thx

    *.avi
    *.mp3
    ..
    ..
    ..
    etc

  3. Exclude multimedia files in many directory

    Hello

    I'm trying to find the method to exlude multimedia files (such as avi; mp3...)
    in many directory with subdirectories. Which syntax can i use to exclude
    these files ?

    thx

  4. Re: Exclude multimedia files in many directory

    "Fan Of Tarja" wrote:

    >Hello
    >
    >I'm trying to find the method to exlude multimedia files (such as avi; mp3...)
    >in many directory with subdirectories. Which syntax can i use to exclude
    >these files ?
    >
    >thx

    Thx for your responses. The solution i've choose consist to make many policies
    for my data which must contains exclude list because all my data don't have
    to these exclude list.

+ Reply to Thread