Socket write failed(24) - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Socket write failed(24) - Veritas Net Backup ; Hello all, I am receiveing a socket write failed(24) while attemping to backup a directory on a UNIX machine running Tru64. My master server is Windows2003 NB 5.1MP3. Has anyone out there had this same issue? Thanks, Steve...

  1. Socket write failed(24)

    Hello all,

    I am receiveing a socket write failed(24) while attemping to backup a directory
    on a UNIX machine running Tru64. My master server is Windows2003 NB 5.1MP3.
    Has anyone out there had this same issue?

    Thanks,
    Steve

  2. Re: Socket write failed(24)

    "Steve" wrote:

    >Hello all,
    >
    >I am receiveing a socket write failed(24) while attemping to backup a directory
    >on a UNIX machine running Tru64. My master server is Windows2003 NB 5.1MP3.
    > Has anyone out there had this same issue?
    >
    >Thanks,
    >Steve

    Hi Steve:

    Yes, I am getting the same error with a Windows 2003 server running NB5.1
    MP2 trying to backup a 2003 web server.

    I have an open case with Veritas Tech support open.

    I will update as soon as It is resolved.

    Thank you.

    Seeram Singh

  3. Re: Socket write failed(24)

    "ssingh" wrote:

    >"Steve" wrote:
    >>
    >>Hello all,
    >>
    >>I am receiveing a socket write failed(24) while attemping to backup a directory
    >>on a UNIX machine running Tru64. My master server is Windows2003 NB 5.1MP3.
    >> Has anyone out there had this same issue?
    >>
    >>Thanks,
    >>Steve

    >Hi Steve:
    >
    >Yes, I am getting the same error with a Windows 2003 server running NB5.1
    >MP2 trying to backup a 2003 web server.
    >
    >I have an open case with Veritas Tech support open.
    >
    >I will update as soon as It is resolved.
    >
    >Thank you.
    >
    >Seeram Singh

    Hi There

    I am experiencing the same issues. One would be a load on the networkcard.
    The other issues is the Job monitor gives a status code 24 but the bpcd log
    shows and error 134. Related or Not please advise. Call has been logged at
    veritas support. Master Server 2003 - Media server AIX5.1.

    Regards

    Ahmedy

  4. Re: Socket write failed(24)

    I'm having same issue. Did anyone get a fix for this from Veritas?

    Thanks

    Andrés

    "Ahmedy Haniff" wrote:

    >"ssingh" wrote:
    >>
    >>"Steve" wrote:
    >>>
    >>>Hello all,
    >>>
    >>>I am receiveing a socket write failed(24) while attemping to backup a

    directory
    >>>on a UNIX machine running Tru64. My master server is Windows2003 NB 5.1MP3.
    >>> Has anyone out there had this same issue?
    >>>
    >>>Thanks,
    >>>Steve

    >>Hi Steve:
    >>
    >>Yes, I am getting the same error with a Windows 2003 server running NB5.1
    >>MP2 trying to backup a 2003 web server.
    >>
    >>I have an open case with Veritas Tech support open.
    >>
    >>I will update as soon as It is resolved.
    >>
    >>Thank you.
    >>
    >>Seeram Singh

    >Hi There
    >
    >I am experiencing the same issues. One would be a load on the networkcard.
    >The other issues is the Job monitor gives a status code 24 but the bpcd

    log
    >shows and error 134. Related or Not please advise. Call has been logged

    at
    >veritas support. Master Server 2003 - Media server AIX5.1.
    >
    >Regards
    >
    >Ahmedy

+ Reply to Thread