recover tapes on an alternate master - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on recover tapes on an alternate master - Veritas Net Backup ; Hi, We are in a situation that we have on one site a NB master server with a desktop tape drive (no barcode reader). In case of a DR I need to be able to restore the tape on our ...

  1. recover tapes on an alternate master

    Hi,

    We are in a situation that we have on one site a NB master server with a
    desktop tape drive (no barcode reader).
    In case of a DR I need to be able to restore the tape on our DR site.
    This DR site has a master server and a desktop tape drive as well.

    Can someone tell me what the best way is to do this, or can you point me
    to some documentation?

    Thanks in advance.
    Klaas

  2. Re: recover tapes on an alternate master

    Depending on your setup:

    a) if you have a slave server, you can promote it to a master , you will
    need to either import the tapes or bring the images accross.
    b) if you intend to restore the whole of netbackup onto another server, all
    you then need is your backup of the database, which you should have scheduled
    automatically. One option ofcouarse, is to have this database written to
    disk and via a cron job ftp it to your target server so its there ready to
    go
    Email me if you need further elaboration. but let me know what your scenario
    is.

    "Klaas" wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >We are in a situation that we have on one site a NB master server with a
    >desktop tape drive (no barcode reader).
    >In case of a DR I need to be able to restore the tape on our DR site.
    >This DR site has a master server and a desktop tape drive as well.
    >
    >Can someone tell me what the best way is to do this, or can you point me
    >to some documentation?
    >
    >Thanks in advance.
    >Klaas

+ Reply to Thread