Unable to install Netbackup client on top of Netbackup Remote Admin Console - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Unable to install Netbackup client on top of Netbackup Remote Admin Console - Veritas Net Backup ; I have installed the Netbackup Remote Admin Console on my laptop. Now, I need to install the Netbackup windows client and I keep getting the error "You may not install a Netbackup Client on top of a Netbackup Remote Admin ...

  1. Unable to install Netbackup client on top of Netbackup Remote Admin Console

    I have installed the Netbackup Remote Admin Console on my laptop. Now, I
    need to install the Netbackup windows client and I keep getting the error
    "You may not install a Netbackup Client on top of a Netbackup Remote Admin
    Console."

  2. Re: Unable to install Netbackup client on top of Netbackup Remote Admin Console

    That is correct, you need to do that in the reverse order. Client
    first, then the remote admin. You will have to remove the remote admin
    now and then add it after the client.

    Jeff

    On 7 Jun 2005 11:21:25 -0500, "Terry Adams"
    wrote:

    >I have installed the Netbackup Remote Admin Console on my laptop. Now, I
    >need to install the Netbackup windows client and I keep getting the error
    >"You may not install a Netbackup Client on top of a Netbackup Remote Admin
    >Console."

  3. Re: Unable to install Netbackup client on top of Netbackup Remote Admin Console

    "Terry Adams" wrote:

    >I have installed the Netbackup Remote Admin Console on my laptop. Now,

    >need to install the Netbackup windows client and I keep getting the error
    >"You may not install a Netbackup Client on top of a Netbackup Remote Admin
    >Console."

    You have to de-install the admin console first as administrator account.
    Usually if someone has installed the admin console as non admin this happens.

+ Reply to Thread