Netback upgrade from data center4.5 to Netbackup Enterprise Server5.1_Mp3 - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Netback upgrade from data center4.5 to Netbackup Enterprise Server5.1_Mp3 - Veritas Net Backup ; Hi All, We are running netbackup data center 4.5, and we would like to upgrade to latest 5.1_Mp3 Netbackup Enterprise Server. Would some one please post the steps/instructions need to be taken care for the upgrade. HW is Solaris 8/V880 ...

  1. Netback upgrade from data center4.5 to Netbackup Enterprise Server5.1_Mp3

    Hi All,

    We are running netbackup data center 4.5, and we would like to upgrade to
    latest 5.1_Mp3 Netbackup Enterprise Server.

    Would some one please post the steps/instructions need to be taken care for
    the upgrade.

    HW is Solaris 8/V880 server.

    Thanks
    Reddy

  2. Re: Netback upgrade from data center4.5 to Netbackup Enterprise Server5.1_Mp3

    Read, read, read! ;-)

    The "Release Notes" is a must read, along with the READMEs.

    Don't skip installing the latest "mappings" file.

    Make sure you have backups of everything. If you answer poorly to the
    "is this uninstall for the purpose of upgrade?" question, you'll need
    it! Even when done right, the install (and some MPs) have trashed my
    auth.conf file. If you use "non-root admin", I'll note that the
    Veritas-supplied script is no longer supplied ... you'll need need to
    use what you had from v4.5 or roll your own ... or use the new
    authentication stuff.

    Hope this helps, wayne

    Reddy wrote, in part, on 6/6/2005 7:15 PM:
    > Hi All,
    >
    > We are running netbackup data center 4.5, and we would like to upgrade to
    > latest 5.1_Mp3 Netbackup Enterprise Server.
    >
    > Would some one please post the steps/instructions need to be taken care for
    > the upgrade.
    >
    > HW is Solaris 8/V880 server.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Reddy

  3. Re: Netback upgrade from data center4.5 to Netbackup Enterprise Server5.1_Mp3

    If you are upgrading Windows Clients, the 5.1 client install will not keep
    your VSP custom settings and will not read any of the OTM settings. After
    you have upgraded you will need to "Refesh" the clients in the Admin cosole
    (Java) or it will not send any setting changes to the client.

    "Reddy" wrote:

    >Hi All,
    >
    >We are running netbackup data center 4.5, and we would like to upgrade to
    >latest 5.1_Mp3 Netbackup Enterprise Server.
    >
    >Would some one please post the steps/instructions need to be taken care

    for
    >the upgrade.
    >
    >HW is Solaris 8/V880 server.
    >
    >Thanks