NBU Ent 6.0 - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on NBU Ent 6.0 - Veritas Net Backup ; I see that Veritas is advertising 6.0, but it isn't shipping yet and I can't seem to get any answers from my Ver rep. Does anyone have any info on the actual release date?...

  1. NBU Ent 6.0

    I see that Veritas is advertising 6.0, but it isn't shipping yet and I can't
    seem to get any answers from my Ver rep. Does anyone have any info on the
    actual release date?

  2. Re: NBU Ent 6.0

    in article 42a33f5b@ROSASTDMZ05., Tito Madrid at tmadrid@yahoo.com wrote on
    6/5/05 11:07 AM:

    > I see that Veritas is advertising 6.0, but it isn't shipping yet and I can't
    > seem to get any answers from my Ver rep. Does anyone have any info on the
    > actual release date?

    6.0 already?! I only just upgraded to 5.1 in the winter. I know it's not
    very helpful but this link says summer 2005:

    http://www.veritas.com/news/press/Pr...l?NewsId=64404

    I have to say that some of the new features are appealling, but the jump in
    version number is likely driven more by marketing than changes in the
    product.

  3. Re: NBU Ent 6.0

    "Tito Madrid" wrote:

    >I see that Veritas is advertising 6.0, but it isn't shipping yet and I can't
    >seem to get any answers from my Ver rep. Does anyone have any info on the
    >actual release date?

    10/3/2005 is the official release date.

  4. Re: NBU Ent 6.0

    in article 430d3f19@ROSASTDMZ05., John Pyle at pyle@wapa.gov wrote on
    8/24/05 8:46 PM:

    > "Tito Madrid" wrote:
    >>
    >> I see that Veritas is advertising 6.0, but it isn't shipping yet and I can't
    >> seem to get any answers from my Ver rep. Does anyone have any info on the
    >> actual release date?

    > 10/3/2005 is the official release date.

    Do you have a link to this official release date?

  5. Re: NBU Ent 6.0

    Was on phone to Veritas training people and report that V6 wont be ready until
    end of Q4 2005 or Q1 2006....
    anyone confirm this also?

    ps wrote:
    >in article 430d3f19@ROSASTDMZ05., John Pyle at pyle@wapa.gov wrote on
    >8/24/05 8:46 PM:
    >

    >> "Tito Madrid" wrote:
    >>>
    >>> I see that Veritas is advertising 6.0, but it isn't shipping yet and

    I can't
    >>> seem to get any answers from my Ver rep. Does anyone have any info on

    the
    >>> actual release date?

    >> 10/3/2005 is the official release date.

    >Do you have a link to this official release date?

  6. Re: NBU Ent 6.0

    Any news on this?

    Thanks!

    "Stuart Green" wrote:

    >Was on phone to Veritas training people and report that V6 wont be ready

    until
    >end of Q4 2005 or Q1 2006....
    >anyone confirm this also?
    >
    >ps wrote:
    >>in article 430d3f19@ROSASTDMZ05., John Pyle at pyle@wapa.gov wrote on

    >I can't

    on
    >the
    >>>
    >>> 10/3/2005 is the official release date.

    >>Do you have a link to this official release date?

  7. Re: NBU Ent 6.0

    in article 432756fb@ROSASTDMZ05., G_S at geoff.stafford@comcast.net wrote on
    9/13/05 3:47 PM:

    > Anyone go to one of the seminars?
    >
    > Seminar Dates and Locations:
    > August 9, 2005 - Chicago, IL
    > August 11, 2005 - Detroit, MI
    > August 16, 2005 - New York, NY
    > August 18, 2005 - Waltham, MA
    > September 8, 2005 - Seattle, WA
    > September 13, 2005 - Burlingame, CA
    > September 15, 2005 - Costa Mesa, CA
    > September 20, 2005 - Dallas, TX
    > September 22, 2005 - Atlanta, GA
    > October 6, 2005 - Reston, VA
    > October 11, 2005 - Portsmouth, NH
    > November 3, 2005 - Toronto, ON

    I went to the one today in Burlingame. Release date given was Oct 10. But
    until I see it in print...

  8. Re: NBU Ent 6.0

    "Jmuadib" wrote:

    >Any news on this?
    >
    >Thanks!
    >
    >"Stuart Green" wrote:
    >>
    >>Was on phone to Veritas training people and report that V6 wont be ready

    >until
    >>end of Q4 2005 or Q1 2006....
    >>anyone confirm this also?
    >>
    >>ps wrote:
    >>>in article 430d3f19@ROSASTDMZ05., John Pyle at pyle@wapa.gov wrote on
    >>>8/24/05 8:46 PM:

    >>I can't

    >on
    >>the

    >>>Do you have a link to this official release date?

  9. Re: NBU Ent 6.0

    At www.veritas.com (homepage) there is a reference to a list of seminars with
    dates and locations about NetBackup version 6.0 (NetBackup 6.0 -- Pop the
    Hood!)
    This list only references seminars in the USA and Canada. Is there someone
    how knows, whether these seminars will be held in Europe and if yes, where
    they will be held?

    Harry

+ Reply to Thread