read only drives - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on read only drives - Veritas Net Backup ; Is it possible to make my drives read only in Netbackup 5.0? If so, how?...

  1. read only drives

    Is it possible to make my drives read only in Netbackup 5.0? If so, how?

  2. Re: read only drives

    What do you mean read only? NetBackup is a backup product so it's main
    feature is to write backup data. Are you talking about WORM (Write
    Once Read Many) drives, where it can only write once and then after
    that it can only be read? If so, that is hardware specific and
    requires a particular drive.

    Jeff

    On 4 Jun 2005 01:34:02 -0500, "bug" wrote:

    >Is it possible to make my drives read only in Netbackup 5.0? If so, how?

  3. Re: read only drives

    bug wrote, in part, on 6/4/2005 2:34 AM:
    > Is it possible to make my drives read only in Netbackup 5.0? If so, how?

    At times I'd like this, too. For example, I've an LTO-1 drive that
    reads fine, but writes poorly ... it will soon be replaced, but if I
    could be using it for read, I would!

    cheers, wayne

+ Reply to Thread